❦ TO KILL A WONDERTWIN

THE front office of Beacon Hills High School was alive with electricity when Hope Mikaelson walked inside. The secretaries hustled about, sorting dubious amounts of paperwork and talking to the students who had come in with inquiries about the mysterious murder of another student.Hope noticed that the pretty blonde girl, who had been Kyle's girlfriend, was seated in one of the front office chairs. Her backpack was cradled close to her chest as she rocked back and fourth, soft sobs coming from her parted lips.

"What can I do for you?" One of the secretaries asked, pulling Hope's attention away from the blonde girl. She looked at Hope with a frazzled look, her hair a mess and her eyes frantically darting around the office, watching all of the chaos unfold around her.

Hope compelled her for a new schedule, also telling the woman that everything would be okay and that she was free to relax. So, the secretary did just that and a few minutes later, printed Hope a schedule as well as her locker information.

Leaving the front office, Hope peered down at her schedule and read through it. Her first class was chemistry with a teacher named Mr. Harris, and Hope frowned at the paper realizing she had absolutely no idea where his classroom was--or any classroom for that matter. As of right then she knew where front office and the boiler room were.

She read the classroom number over again as if it would magically give her the answer of where  in the world she was going. "Stiles!" She called as she saw his familiar face dashing down the hallway. "Can you help me find Mr--"

"I can't talk right now Hope! I have to find the pattern!" He said slamming through the door of the front office causing it to shut loudly behind him. Hope sighed and wrapped her knuckles around the paper, crumpling it into a ball. Her anger sometimes got the best of her even over little things like not being able to find the class she was going to.

Looking up from the paper, she noticed Aiden watching her from the other end of the hallway. A deep growl emerged from the back of her throat, but Aiden just smiled at her.

He was baiting her. 

"Hope!" A voice called, and she turned quickly to see Isaac standing behind her. She turned away from Isaac ready to face Aiden, but he was gone and the hallway was empty.

"What class are you going to?" He asked, oblivious to the other werewolf. 

"Chemistry with Mr. Harris." She spoke slowly her eyes focused on the spot Aiden had been standing only moments ago. She wanted nothing more than to blast his brains out. 

She turned back to Isaac. "Oh, me too." He said. "I'll walk you there."

On their way to Mr. Harris's classroom, Hope explained to Isaac her hatred of the twins and how she had seen Aiden in the hallway just before he had shown up. They entered the classroom together and Hope sat in front of Scott who looked at her with worry.

"All right, since inertia is a subject of which you all know plenty, why don't we start with momentum?" Mr. Harris said once everybody had taken their seats.

He seemed like the kind of person that wasn't very popular in his time at school. He was tall and lanky with gelled back hair and square glasses that hung on the bridge of his nose. However weird he was though, Hope was trying to listen to the teacher's words but was interrupted by Isaac who was talking just low enough for her supernatural hearing to pick up on the words. 

"They're here for a reason."

Hope was about to reply when Scott cut in, his deep voice ringing through her heightened hearing. "Give me a chance to figure it out before you two do anything. Okay?"