❦ KINCAID

THE closest they had come to a solution for their nogitsune problem was a scroll that was in the possession of the recently deceased silverfinger. However, because of his death, the scroll was now being moved to federal lockup. She made her way to Allison's  house. Scott, Allison, and the twins were already there as well as Lydia who told them that they were going to be robbing an armored car.

"I feel like this is a bad plan." Hope said.

Lydia frowned. "It's not that bad."

"Well it's not that good." Aiden chimed in.

The strawberry blonde stood up, tracing her finger along the map laid out on Allison's father's desk. "None of us know what route they're going to take. If Allison can get one of her dad's gps trackers on the armored car then we can follow it."

"So when it gets here," Ethan said pointing his finger at a crossroads on the map, "we can attack?"

Lydia turned to face him with a frown. "No. Your bikes will be in the middle of the road looking like you guys got into an accident and when the driver gets out to help--"

"We attack him?"

"No." Allison snapped. "You'll distract him and Scott will break open the back door."

Scott frowned. "Hopefully."

Lydia turned to Hope. "You and Aiden will be in charge of getting Katashi's finger."

"Why aren't we just going to Stilinski for help?" Aiden asked with a frown.

Scott tapped his fingers against Argent's desk impatiently. "Because if he gets caught, it's the sheriff tampering with federal evidence."

"Guys this is going to work." Allison cut in with a positive tone. "We can do this. We're loosing Stiles and my dad is in jail for murder. We can do this, we need to do this."

Hope stuck with Aiden as they waited for Kira to get the gps tracker onto the bottom of the armored car. It however seemed almost too easy and Hope waited for the surprise that was going to screw up their entire plan. The surprise came in the form of Deputy Parish, finding the driver dead in the driver's seat of the car. From there, the deputy was knocked out as a burly man stepped out from inside the truck.

Hope instantly recognized him as the older werewolf from the gun deal with Isaac.

"Who is that?" Aiden asked.

"Kincaid."

Scott and Allison demanded from the werewolf that they give them the finger in exchange for the 150,000 dollars inside the briefcase in the back of the car. Kincaid replied with the valid point that the scroll inside of Katashi's finger was worth three million. So Kira, deciding to do something noble, dropped down from above and onto Kincaid's back.

He seemed unfazed as he pushed her off of him and threw her onto the ground. He was easily able to overpower Scott and sent the young alpha to the ground gasping for air. "You have the eyes of an alpha, but where's the strength?" Kincaid said.

"Up here." Hope said, drawing Kincaid's attention away from Scott and over to herself, Ethan, and Aiden. They jumped down from the balcony and Lydia and Allison covered for safety. Kincaid was a fierce fighter, but it was three against one and after awhile Hope and the twins had managed to overpower him and pin him against a wall.

He dropped to his knees, and Scott grabbed the finger from Kincaid's shirt pocket. The scroll fell into his hands and he put it in his own pocket with the promise that they would allow Kincaid to live. They were there to save a life, not end one.

After they had left Kincaid, Scott and Hope went to the animal clinic to show Deacon the scroll. He read it to the best of his ability, making faces every once in awhile. "There isn't much here unfortunately."

"Does it say anything?" Hope asked.

Deaton looked up at her with a half smile. "My Japanese isn't great but it appears to say that one method of expelling a nogitsune is to change the body of the host."

"Change the body?"

The vet nodded. "Which begs the question, how do we change Stiles's body?"

A sudden realization hit Hope and she looked at Deaton with wide eyes. "We can turn him."