❦ THE RAGER

IN Hope's opinion, it was quite unfair that it was still required to attend school even though there was no power in all of Beacon Hills. Not only was her shower cold, but she wasn't able to blow dry her hair. She ended up braiding it wet and hoped that the California weather would dry it for her.

She was still tired from the interrogation she and her friends were required to sit through the night before. Agent McCall was convinced they were lying and was adamant to figure out every little detail about that night. Hope understood why he thought they were lying. The story sounded far fetched because of all the major details they were required to leave out of the story. Agent McCall didn't know about the Supernatural, and Scott wanted to keep it that way.

Kira was standing by her locker when Hope arrived, and the tribrid sent her a soft smile like every other morning, but Kira just shut her locker and turned away.  There was no doubt that Kira was some sort of supernatural creature. How else would she have been able to absorb all of that electricity without dying? But it infuriated Hope that she couldn't figure out the what. What was Kira Yukimura?

The question seemed to be on everybody's minds, for Hope noticed that Scott and Stiles were also watching Kira as she walked down the hallway with her head down, away from them.

Maybe she didn't even know what she was.

She didn't have much time to dwell on the thought, for the bell rang and Hope rushed to Mr. Yukimura's classroom. Danny Mahealani greeted her with a smile as she slid into her seat beside him in the back row. With a dull piece of chalk, Mr. Yukimura scribbled their lesson across the black board but Hope didn't pay much attention. Instead, she sketched in her notebook.

After a few minutes, she was distracted from her drawing by Danny nudging her shoulder. She looked over at him as he pointed at her notebook. "That's really good." He said.

Hope offered him a light smile as she glanced at the drawing. "Oh, thanks Danny."

"By the way," He said, "I'm throwing this black light party tonight. You should come."

Hope smiled. "Sure. Why not?"

The rest of the class passed by slowly, but Hope passed the time by completing her drawing. When the bell finally rang, she tucked the drawing into her backpack and left the classroom.

HOPE wondered in what universe Derek Hale would have allowed a high school party to occur in his loft. When she arrived, there was already a mass amount of people covered in LED paint, dancing to a DJ set up in the corner. She came to the conclusion that Derek had absolutely no idea about it.

Stiles had ended up giving her a ride, after he Scott and Kira had broken into the police station to delete some pictures off of Kira's phone. Hope didn't want to ask. The loft was covered in black lights which illuminated the paint covering the walls. As she walked down the steps, she was grabbed by a boy in her math class who brought her over to a table where a girl was painting people.

She smiled at the boy, whom she thought was called Josh, as the girl painted a skull on half of Hope's face. When the girl was done, Josh pulled Hope away and they danced together to the beat of the electronic song blasting through the loft.

Euphoria washed over her, melting away her senses and plunging her headfirst into the atmosphere of a party. She felt light, free.

From the corner of her eye, she spotted Kira in the distance and stared at her for a moment. Hope blinked, confused. A ring of golden flame was crowned over Kira Yukimura like a halo.

She released her grip on the boy from her math glass, stalking away from him despite him calling after her. Walking toward Kira's glowing figure, Hope caught a glimpse of her eyes in the tall glass of the window. Yellow glowing eyes.

Hope was quick to make her eyes return to normal, not even realizing that they had been glowing with their supernatural color. She looked to Kira again, but the flames had gone. Only through the glow of her supernatural eyes, could she see the flame.

Looking for Scott, Hope's sight landed on Lydia who looked utterly bored. She walked over to the strawberry blonde as she scanned over the party. "Not having fun?" Hope asked her.

Lydia looked over at Hope with a sarcastic smile. "Nope. I'm having a great time."

"Well you can come dance with me." Hope began, but quickly trailed off as she noticed the blank expression on the girl's pretty face.

"Lydia are you okay?"

"Did you hear that?"

Hope frowned. "Hear what?"

The strawberry blonde spun around anxiously, looking around the room. Her breathing became increasingly heavy as she ran away from Hope, darting in the other direction.

In a moment, Lydia had disappeared and Hope lost her in the crowd. She looked around frantically for Scott, or Isaac, or even Stiles, but the only person she could see was Aiden.

Against her better judgement, Hope ran over to him. He looked at her like he was unsure if she was going to punch him or curse him.

"I need your help." She said, probably against her better judgement. "I think Lydia's in trouble."

Aiden quickly nodded, and they disappeared into the crowd in search of the red headed banshee. Aiden pushed open the door to the outside balcony, and Hope immediately rushed over as he called out for her to come quick. Lydia was sprawled across the ground, shaking violently as if she were stuck in the tundra. To the touch she was freezing, and Aiden looked over at Hope in concern. "Come on." He said. "You have to help me get her inside"

They carried her over to a heating vent, and Aiden wrapped his arms around her as she continued to shake. "They came out of the dark." She whispered.

Just as Hope was about to ask who, the music cut short and Derek's booming voice cut through the room telling everybody to get out.

As everybody left, flooding out of the building, Aiden passed Lydia to Hope and ordered her to take the strawberry blonde out of there.

Hope nodded, carrying Lydia away as she whispered in a dreamy voice to find Scott. She stopped short as she noticed that everybody was gathered in the loft, and that there were five masked figures standing around them. She sat Lydia in a nearby chair and moved next to Scott. The figures didn't say anything, only moved closer to Aiden. They were all tall, and cloaked in black expect for their greenish yellow eyes that resembled that of a firefly.

Derek and Scott were the first to rush forward, swiping and clawing at the hooded figures. The first sent Scott flying across the room, while Derek managed to slit the others throats with his claw. As if it had never happened, the masked figure recovered himself and sent Derek flying like he had done Scott.

Hope followed in suit, shifting into her full wolf form and attacking one of the masked men. She avoided his first attack by sliding between his legs, and digging her claws into the small of his back.

The masked figure simply removed her claws from his back, and twisted her legs until she heard the bones crack. With a cry of pain, she moved the bones back into place and prepared for another attack.

But before she could, the figures simply disappeared into a fog of darkness.

"What the hell were those?"