❦ MISSING

IF you asked any resident, they would tell you that peace, quiet, and a good night's sleep was a hard thing to come by while living in Beacon Hills. On average, Hope Mikaelson managed not be woken by the ringing of her phone or by one of her friends about two to three nights a week. Of course, tonight would not be one of those rare nights of peace.

It was around midnight when she received the call from Isaac. He quickly explained how Scott had received a call from Stiles Stilinski who claimed to be trapped in an unfamiliar basement with a hurt leg and a nearly hypothermic body temperature.

Lydia and Aiden had already arrived at the Stilinski's house and Hope left her own home quickly to meet Scott and Isaac at the Sheriff's station, despite Stiles' pleads for his father not to know. She took off at a run, using her excelled supernatural speed to get there faster than any car would have allowed her to.

She arrived just as Scott was finishing explaining their current problem to Sheriff Stilinski. The older man took a deep breath of anticipation as the worry lines creased across his forehead. "If his jeep is gone then that's where we start."

He turned toward the young deputies sitting at their desks next to him. "Parrish, let's get an APB out on a blue 1980 cj-5 jeep. Cordova, I want a list of any kind of industrial basement or sub-level of any building that he could've gotten into while sleepwalking. It's the coldest night of the year so far, so if he's out there barefoot in just a tee-shirt he could already be hypothermic. Let's move fast. Let's think fast."

He then pointed at the three supernatural teenagers. "The three of you, come with me."

They followed behind Stilinksi out of the lobby and into his office. He closed the door behind him to keep away from the prying ears of the young deputies. "Okay. Is there anything you need to tell me that I can't tell anyone out there?" He asked

Scott nodded. "Lydia knew he was missing."

"Well can she help find him?" The sheriff asked.

There was a brief pause before Hope spoke. "She's working on it the best she can."

Sheriff Stilinski looked at her and for a brief moment Hope saw that he looked genuinely scared. After a moment, however, it was gone and his serious face had returned. "Anything else?"

"I called Derek and Allison for help."

The sheriff rubbed his forehead anxiously, trying his best to stay sane. "Can you find him by scent?" He asked, but before any of them could answer a sharp knock sounded on the door and it was opened a moment later by Deputy Parrish.

He poked his head through the door. "We got it, sir. We found the jeep."

This lead them to the Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital where Stiles's car was parked at the front door. Sheriff Stilinski opened the door of the jeep and pressed a few buttons before turning back to Scott, Isaac, and Hope.

"The car's dead." The Sheriff stated, clearly disappointed in his son not being in his jeep. "He must have left the lights on."

Scott, with a confused expression, glanced around at their surroundings. "Why would Stiles come here?"

"Let's find out." The sheriff answered walking through the front door.

They were greeted by Melissa McCall who ran toward them with a concerned frown. "Security's doing sweeps of every floor. We have nothing yet."

"What about the basement?" Stilinski asked.

Melissa nodded slowly, "Follow me."

The sheriff went with her while Isaac, Hope, and Scott rushed to the roof to meet Derek who was waiting for them with a heavy frown.