Billionaire Baby Deal - Chapter 10

Chapter 10

After a long bath, I felt I had calmed enough to set my mind to the task at hand. As I left the bathroom with my shoulders squared, I found my self face to face with a huge tropical array of flowers sitting on the table with a phone and a note -

Alley, please make your stay here comfortable. Should you need anything, the phone has a list of contacts to cater to your needs. I have arranged for someone to take care of the house and everything you need whilst I am gone. Should you need me at any time, I'll be residing in the hotel.

I'll be in touch soon - D

My hand flew to my mouth as I swallowed, taking in the note. Diego had left? He actually moved out of his own home for my comfort.

Swallowing again, I found myself at a loss. Guilt stained a little, but I squared my shoulders and refused to go soft now.

It was for the best.

I took my time blowdrying my hair and leisurely straightened my hair, taming the curls into obedience. I threw on a pair of black denim cut shorts and a stretchy black spaghetti strapped top and a pair of black toe posts that had a gold anchor emblazed down the front.

Lightly applying a little make up, I made my way upstairs for breakfast to find a grey haired lady already in the kitchen cooking.

"Ah, you must be Alley!" She turned, her face lighting up as she caught a glimpse of me. Immediately, she came over and gave me a hug. A kind of motherly hug. "I have heard so many lovely things about you from my Eddie! Gosh, aren't you just the most prettiest of things!"

As she let me go, I immediately noticed the beautiful laugh lines around her face. Her twinkling blue eyes were kind and her voice was soft and reassuring. I immediately felt warmth and love around her.

She was one of those characters that you just fell in love with immediately. You couldn't help but like her.

"Your Eddie?" I questioned, curiously wondering how on earth this Eddie knew me.

"Oh forgive me, my dear!" She gasped, turning to check her cooking. "You will know my dear husband as Mr. Jones. I am Martha Jones, here to take care of you and those three lovely babies inside of you."

An immediate smile spread across my face, "You're Jones' wife?"

"Fifty-five years guilty!" She held her hands up and tinkled a cheerful laugh. "Diego called me this morning, practically begging me to start, so I rushed right over and here I am!"

I quickly learnt that Martha was very talkative. She passed me some pancakes with raspberries and strawberries over and even trickled a little sauce over it as a sneaky treat.

It was immediate that I liked her and I learnt that she had carried and gave birth to six healthy children, all strapping boys. Martha was also the doting grandmother of eleven - eleven!- grandchildren. She then showed me photos of her beautiful family and I soon learnt that all of her children and grandchildren worked in England, in many profession's. Martha was extremely proud of her family's accomplishments and only wished that she were able to spend more time with them.

But they had their own lives to lead, and Jones had his job working for Diego. She expressed that she talked as much as they could on the phone and that her grandchildren had introduced her to "facebook" so that she could "facetime" them.

During the course of the day, I learnt that Martha was an old soul, firmly believing in love at first sight. She had made a weekly list of chores to complete and I sat with her planning meals for the week so that she could get some fresh groceries in.

I accompanied Martha to a local grocery store on the island that supplied food to the whole of the island for those that didn't grow their own fruit and veg.

It was like a breath of fresh air doing something normal. I convinced Martha to get a few treats that weren't on our list and she told me I was "wicked" with her very own smile but she quickly caved and added them to the shopping trolley.

On our return, I assisted to put the shopping away against Martha's insistence that she could do it herself.

That was when Diego walked through the door, his face sheepish. "I've just came for a few things out of my office."

"That's fine," I answered, awkwardness hitting me in the face.

"Have you done something with your hair?" He questioned, focusing on my hair, his eyes roaming over me.

Shrugging my shoulders, I replied, "I straightened it?"

"Suits you."

He disappeared downstairs to his office, and I made damn sure I was outside on the decking when he left to avoid the awkward goodbye.

Later on that evening I found myself exhausted but unable to sleep. I had grown used to having Diego sleep behind me. It hurt every time I inhaled his scent on the sheets.

It was early hours before I managed to drift off. A dream of Diego came to me. It was of a different future where we lived in the house I grew up in, our children played in the garden with their father and I, their laughter music to my ears as Diego swept me up into a passionate kiss and declared his love for me.

I woke that morning with tears knowing that I'd never see that future. I had to fight for my children. Knowing I couldn't live under the same roof as them, missing key achievements in their lives were unacceptable to me.

I'd be there every minute of their lives. They would come to me to kiss their grazed knees as they learnt the way of the world.

They were mine. And no matter how much money Diego threw at lawyers to keep us apart, I would fight with my last breath to keep my children by my side.