Billionaire Baby Deal - Chapter 14

"No!" I shouted, pulling my hand away from him as I let go of my baby's hand and stood up. "I can't give up on him! Don't give up, Diego! He's going to make it! He's going to be okay!""Alley, he's deteriorating every single day." Dr. Gardener intervened, my baby's team standing behind him as they entered the room, their faces solemn in grief. "It's inhumane to keep him like this. Sometimes, it's just not meant to be, Alley. We've tried everything we possibly can for him. He's unable to live without the machine assisting him to breathe. He hasn't moved as he should be by now... He's already gone...""You talk as if he's already dead!" I cried, throwing myself between my baby and everyone else. "Don't come near us! He will be alright! It's just taking him a little longer-" I stared at Diego, feeling the betrayal that he had sided with them over our son. "-...Diego... You told me not to give up! Are you really going to go back on your own words? He's our son. Please!""Alley," He gulped, those silver eyes filling with tears. "He's already gone. He shows no signs of stimulation. It would be cruel... to... to... make him suffer.""Get out!" I screamed, my hearty throbbing as tears seared my eyes. They were all my enemies. They were a threat to my son. I had to fight for him! "Get out! Get out! Get out! GET OUT!"I stepped towards them, fully intending to throw them out if I had to. Diego made to stay as the team began to leave, their own tears forming. "All-""Get out, Diego!" I howled, shoving at his hard chest out of the door. He made to hold me, I shoved him with all my might and banged on his chest with my fist. "Don't touch me! Get out! Get away from my son!"I slammed the door in his face, like a lioness protecting her cubs and ran back over to my son, touching his chest and feeling the rise and fall of it. I stared at him for a long time. I knew in my heart he was struggling. But as his mother, his only defender in this situation, I couldn't give up on him. Was I causing him more pain by keeping him attached to these machines?How could I not fight for him? My Raphael was a part of me. He was part of Diego. He was part of my sons. He was mine. "Please, Raphael," I sobbed, praying with all of my might for him to respond to me. I wrapped my little finger between his minuscule hand, "Please, baby, show me a sign. Show me you can fight. Just please, baby. Just this once. Do it for mummy, baby."He never moved and I gazed at him as fat droplets dripped down my cheek. How could I stop fighting for my son? It went against every instincts in my body. "I can't stop fighting for you, Raphael, you're my baby." I moaned through the tears as my hands shake uncontrollably, "I loved you before you even became a part of me. I grew you inside my body, desperate to meet you. You and your brothers... I love you with every bone in my body. I love you so much, baby."I dropped my head and gave into the tears, his tiny hand limp under my finger. "Grace," I prayed, head bent solemn. "Please help him. Help my son fight. Raphael, angel of health, I beg you to bless my son, named in your name. I'm desperate...."I sobbed uncontrollably, gazing at my son through the haze of tears. "Come on, baby." I begged, desperate for someone - anyone- to hear my prayer. I prayed with my soul to Grace's angel Raphael. "Just move, just once. I know you can do it. You can do it! Squeeze my finger, Raphael. Fight for me!"I felt a twitch against my finger. Struck, I glanced down at my finger and hope bloomed. Had I imagined it?"Do it again, baby!"Again, I felt him twitch. Mesmerised, I watched as his finger twitched, and then his toe. I could see his eyelids flickering, imagining his eyes rolling behind them."Dr. Gardener!" I screamed at the top of my voice. "Diego!"With a burst, both men came through the door. "He moved!" I cried with hope, "I swear he moved!""Alley..." Dr. Gardener whispered, his face as solemn as his voice was mournful. "... Sometimes, our minds see things we want most. The deceive us into thinking that something has happen-""-No!" I screeched like a banshee, my gaze locking on Diego. "He moved! Diego please... you have to believe me!"Both men stared at me, unsure how to cope. I could see the hurt in Diego's eyes. He'd already accepted our son's fate. With a sigh, Diego came forward and raked his gaze over our son. He didn't move. "No!" I begged, stroking my sons hand with my thumb, his hands over my little finger. "Come on, baby. Squeeze mummy's hand, Raphael. Show daddy how strong you are."It was around two minutes of silence. Diego and Dr. Gardener seemed to indulge my fantasy by watching my son intently. "Please, brave boy! Don't be shy..." Suddenly, I felt the movement. I gasped with... awe as his whole arm flickered, his eyes going wild behind his eyelids. His heart rate began beating quicker. His leg began to twitch and I watched in awe as I gazed at my son showing everyone he was here to stay. He was here to fight!Suddenly Dr Gardener and his team were around him, their voices filled with hope as my son made his first sound. It was soft and it was almost but a whisper, but I heard it. That sound blasted in my ear drum as if it were a bomb exploding. I heard him.Gazing on, I watched as Dr. Gardener and the team began working with Raphael, checking his stimulation and his breathing. Pride filled me as my angel began wriggling, tiny little twitches. It definitely ruled out that it wasn't nerves. It was my little boy letting the world know that he was fighting.Grace had heard my prayers. The angel Raphael blessed my son, just as Grace had often prayed for him to watch over her family and the little lives that were growing inside me. I prayed with my soul to the angel, and he listened to me, just as Grace believed he would.