-7-

Johanna's Pov

After talking with Natasha I just wanted to be alone. But where else could I go? I can't leave the damn building. So decided to go to the roof. It was quiet and peaceful. Especially at night which it was.

I got up there and looked over the edge of the railing. The city was beautiful. My hair flowed around my shoulders. I breathed in the cold air and sighed in content. I wrapped the sweater around me tighter. The softness calmed me.

Then I saw a bright star like light go across the sky. At first I thought it was a shooting star but then it crashed smack down in the middle of the city. I gasped and ran down stairs. I passed the living area where everyone was.

"Look outside something just crashed into the middle of the city!"  I said and everyone got up and saw the ball of light now in flames.

"Let's suit up everyone." Steve said and I rushed back to my room and slipped on my suit. I joined the rest in the living area.

"Ok so once we head out there everyone be prepared to attack unless otherwise, ok?" Steve asked we all agreed. I nodded and then tony and theory flew out. Natasha and Bruce left and jumped on a motorcycle and I was about to fly out when Clint touched my shoulder.

"Yes?" I asked him.

"You can fly right?" He asked.

"I can try I haven't tried before. Need a lift?" I asked smirking he nodded nervously. I grabbed his hand and his arms snaked around me and I blushed. I used the ice to push us off the ground and towards the fire. I saw Clint with his eyes clenched shut and his arms tightly around me.

"Please... do not drop me!" He yelled and I giggled. Once we got there I got back on the ground and I gently pushed Clint off me.

"Sorry..." he said blushing.

"It's ok." I said and looked away. The rest of them got there and I used my water and put out the fire. In the middle of the crater was a man. He was unconscious. I ran up to him and bent down turning his face towards me. I gasped and backed away falling in the process.

It can't be. It couldn't be. But how?

It the middle of the crater Marcus Otho laid unconscious and very much alive.

"Johanna what's wrong? What happened?" Clint asked me holding my face in his hands. But I couldn't stop looking at Marcus's body.

"I..I.." I couldn't even speak.

"Natasha? Steve? Someone help her?" He said. Bruce and Tony inspected Marcus's body.

"I don't know she just saw the man and-" Natasha stopped speaking and looked at the man gasping.

"Oh my god... could it be?" She looked t me for conformation. My face gave it to her.

"She's just in shock. She's fine Clint help Bruce and Tony bring him back to the building.

"Steve help me with Johanna." Natasha said and Steve helped me stand up but I could barely keep my balance. I felt as if I couldn't breathe. I felt like I was gasping for air. I looked around me and my chest tightened. He's back... how? Why?