-11-

Johanna's Pov

I heard the door to the roof open and I turned and saw Clint.

"There you are, Nat is looking for you." He said and I nodded getting up.

"Hey Clint can we talk?" I asked. He nodded.

"I uh... I don't know how to start this." I said. Chuckling nervously.

"Just spit it out." He said smiling.

"I know you like me, I like you too.. but I can't be with you." I said. His smile dropped.

"Why? Is it because of-"

"Yes. I love him Clint. I will always love him even if it has been a thousand years." I said.

"But he left you, he made you leave him. If he loved you why-" he stopped, by then I knew Natasha had told him the story.

"So you've heard the story from her, then you should also know that I was so in love with him." I said. He looked away from me.

"It will always be him Clint. No matter what. Even if I did choose you and I wanted to at first. I know that eventually I would have gone to him. So I might as well save you the heart break." I said. I had a little tear in my eye. I wiped it away.

"To late for that. But I get it. You love him you always will, I'll just be another guy who you've turned down." He said chuckling.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"No your not, if you were sorry then you wouldn't have lead me on to believe we could have something." He said. I looked at him shocked.

"Wh-"

"Just forget it. It's over now so whatever." He said and walked away slamming the roof door shut on his way in. I looked at the door shocked. I held my head and my hands and cried. I didn't want it to be like this. But he didn't have to be a dick about it. I cried a little bit more and eventually calmed down. I went back downstairs into my room when I saw Natasha talking to Clint. I didn't want to see him but it was to late and she saw me.

"Johanna! There you are! I've been looking everywhere for you." She said.

"I was on the roof." I said coldly. Clint just glared at me. Why was he being an ass?

"Oh well Fury wanted to talk-" I turned and headed to his office. He was sitting doing stuff and looked up and saw me.

"Finally decided to show up." He said.

"Sorry I was busy." I said.

"What do you want?"

"What do you think about making Marcus an Avenger?" He asked. I shrugged.

"Sure, he could really help the team." I said my tone a bit lighter.

"Is that you or your feelings talking?" He asked.

"W-what?" I asked stuttering

" I know you still care for him I can tell and thanks to Starks cameras I see." He said and then I looked away.

"Well that's both I guess. His new powers would be a great asset." I said. He nodded and I left. I went back to the cell where Marcus was and I saw Bruce watching him.

"Hey Bruce, anything interesting happen while I was gone?" I asked. He shook his head no.

"All he does is sit there, he's less of a threat then Tony poking me with a shock pen." He said and I laughed. Marcus seemed to hear me and sat up looking at me. I smiled at him and waved. He waved back.