Part one Uta x human reader

It's times like these, the times when everything goes down the drain in a fire is when you see how good you once had it. Only two days ago you were laughing and messing around with your friends in the local cafe. Everything was great they kept you safe from other ghouls and you well you just entertained them like any friend. 

Then again that's now the past and the once awesome five friends you had has been narrowed down to just one. You guess you could take it as you're lucky to have one left but even Ellie isn't the same. Both of you are just shells of who you use to be and on top of that you can't have a funeral for your fallen friends or speak to anyone but each other about it. 

You think about all this as you sit with a single bag with all you're bring on your lap. Next to you Ellie fiddles with some stray thread that's hanging of her coat. She like you is nervous and only hopes you can avoid that investigators from both Japan and America. 

"I'm going to go get some coffee. Want anything?" Ellie ask. 

"I'm good thanks." You watch as she walks to the small airport cafe. 

The normal glee she once had in her step is gone and the sway her drown hair once had sits still in almost a somber state. Ellie was once the life of the part, so happy and out there, but she is now dull and life less. 

Once she has the coffee she sits next to you and sips at the steaming liquid. She makes a sound of discussed before looking at the coffee. 

"Not good?" You question.

Ellie scrunches her noise and says, "They but milk in it." 

It always seemed odd to you that ghouls could have coffee, but then again it's odd to them that human like you can eat all that you do. 

"Take it back then. You shouldn't waste all that money." You look at the menu that is a little bit far but you can make out the prices. "Jesus that coffee was ten for a small?" 

Ellis sighs, "Yeah and it's not even good." 

Before you can tell her to go replace it your flight is announced over the loud speaker. Not wanting to miss the only saving grace you two have you quickly get up and line up in the order you are told. 

Once on you and Ellie sit by each other like you had ordered. You both agree to alternate the window seat for the very long flight so you both can view the amazing sight below. 

"You ate before we got on the plane right?" You ask Ellie.

She looks at you and tries to remember her self. With everything going on it can be hard to remember the simplest of things.  It takes two reminders on your phone so you can even remember to go some place. 

"Yeah I'm pretty sure I did."  With that you both relax as much as you can and hope for a restart in Japan. 

Once landed you both feel and look like zombies. With crying babies, cheesy movies and a perv across the way from you both it was a long eighteen or more hours. 

With a tight grip on the small bag that holds all you own now you both go to call a cab. It takes a lot longer then you would like to believe since Ellie isn't the best at speaking Japanese and you're about as good as a racist grandpa when it comes to speaking Japanese.

"I'm going to have to brush up on my speaking," Ellie groans. 

"At least you know how to. I'm flying in the dark here." You yawn. 

After a few hour drive and a hefty fee to the driver you arrive at the apartments you two had found and are going to move into. Thankfully the landlord was nice enough to let you both move in on short notice from a phone call.