Part four Uta x reader

It's been three days and Uta has been texting and calling a lot. So much so you've kept it on mute all day and night. There is no reason to talk to him and you don't think you can stand the heart break right now. 

With a huff you sit down and look at the magazine on your lap. Even though you can't read any of it you still like to look at the pictures. 

"(name) you okay?" Your boss questions. 

Your eye lingers on the picture you were looking at before you look at her. "Yeah. Just not use to the weather here." 

She nods before filling out the last bit of paper work she had. With two new workers and new kids work has been busy and stressful. It's not that you don't like the extra help, but they are making it hard to keep kids from choking or getting in trouble. 

"Do you work tomorrow (name)?" She ask.

After a minute of thinking you say, "Yeah, I do the morning shift."

"So the short shift." She looks at some papers before saying, "That's fine I'll manage." 

After an hour of sorting papers and helping your boss sign and call people you finely get to go. Just being able to be out side for more then play time is amazing. 

Even though it's humid and hot you are just happy to be away from kids for a few hours. All you hope is that Ellie payed the wifi bill like she said she would. All you want to do is look at cats and puppies being funny and cute. 

As you walk down the street you feel like someone is watching you up ahead. Looking up from your phone you see the dark haired Uta in front of you. All you want to know is how he knew where you were.

"Boo." He says lowly.

Biting your lip you try and decide if you should walk past or talk to him. Not wanting to deprive Ellie of a maybe good boyfriend you talk to him.

"If you want to see Ellie I'm on my way home.." You mumble.

Uta struggles to understand what you said. You can see his gears grinding to translate every word. 

"No. I want to see you." He pushes his glasses down to look at you fully. " I am getting coffee. Join me?"

You can feel your self staring at him with a flabbergasted look. Everyone passing by just gives you odd looks till you snap out of it. 

"Uh yeah.. Yeah sure." You put your phone away before saying, "Lead the way?"

Uta smiles as he pushes his glasses back up to where they were. He lops his arm with yours and starts walking to the coffee shop you were last time. 

As you walk through the door Kenaki greets you both. He still looks flustered and out of place. Thinking back you can't think of a ghoul like him in the past. It's not like you have the smell like a ghoul, but you do notice they all have some things similar.

"Why you leave last time?" He ask. 

You avoid eye contact as you try and think of how to tell him why. How to tell him that you miss read what Uta meant and you avoided him? Every way you think about saying it you back out and rethink. 

Once you calm down and figure out how to say it you look at Uta and say, "I thought you wanted Ellie. I thought you were using me to get close to her." 

Uta stifles back a laugh. He does good to keep it back, but after awhile he can't anymore and starts laughing making Touka and everyone look at you with confused. 

By the looks on everyone's face you can tell it's not often Uta laughs. He must be calm and composed in his own odd way most of the time. 

"That is funny." Uta's laughing starts to fade out till he just has the lingering smile. "I don't want Ellie. She to umm I guess you say bright." 

Thinking about Ellie and Uta together you can see what he mean. Ellie is light and happy with bright colors and big smiles while you are more dark colors and quite. Then again opposites attract at least that's what your mom always told you. 

As you sit in the cafe talking to Uta you start to feel warm under your light coat. If it wasn't for the deep scares that are on your arms you'd take it off and be comfortable. 

"Japan is warmer then I thought," You comment.

"Hmm. I don't notice. " He looks at you and points to your coat. "Take coat off. It will be better then." 

Out of heat you almost do it, but you don't want him to see the marks from your former lover. You don't want him to see the dark day when your  friends were killed by your poor judgement. You can't even bring yourself to look a them half the time. 

"(name)-chan? Are you okay?" He questions. 

"Yeah just fine... I'm having a great time, but I have to go back home soon." You fan yourself as you speak, "I have the weekend off if you want to meet up." 

Uta shakes his head and tugs at the cuff of your jacket. "Just take it off. It will help."

Sighing you slowly slip it off and hope that the short sleeves of your shirt will cover most of them. It has been so long since you haven't worn a jacket it makes you feel odd but not in a bad way. 

Looking at your arms you see the sleeves don't even cover half of the deep mostly healed scares. At most if only covers from the shoulder and maybe three or so inches down. In any case it is easy to see the slashes that have been made.

"what happened?" Uta ask as he stares at them. 

Gulping you try and cover it with your hand only to show case the ones on your  other arm more. The more you try and hide one side the more you show the other. In the end you give up and decide to tell him.

"I guess looking back I can see the signs... I was dating someone that turned out to be different then I thought. We dated for a few months before I showed him off to my friends. I guess it was over turf or something, but he attacked along with his gang. That's how I got these and lost four of my friends." You struggle to hold back tears. Just thinking about the blood shed and the screaming makes your stomach feel heavy. If you would of been smart you wouldn't of brought him over and his gang wouldn't of killed them all.

Uta stays quite as he watches you sniffle and wipe tears away. You can tell he's not sure what to do. He keep going to comfort you, but right when his hand is hovering over yours he pulls it back and chews at his lip ring in thought.

Taking a deep breath you let out a nervous laugh and say, "You don't have to worry though. I'm good now." 

It's easy to see that Uta sees pass your weak attempt at looking fine. Anyone could see pass it, with your watery eyes and shaky hands it's pretty clear that you're less then fine.