Part 5 Uta x reader

It took a day for Uta to get the whole story of the day you lost all your friends to a gang of ghouls and to the investigators. Just thinking about it made you break down a few times. Oddly it helped you move on more then you thought it would. 

Sitting in the park you scroll through post on your phone while waiting for Uta. It's not uncommon for him to be late, but sometimes if gets annoying. 

"Come on Uta.." You groan. Looking at your phone clock you see he's almost an hour late. If he's anymore late you're going to just leave. 

From your right Uta walks toward you as if noting is wrong. Not that there would be to him. No matter how much you fantasize being with him or bend over backwards for him he still just says you two are friends. 

" You're late,"  You tell him with annoyance.

He just shrugs and sits by you in his hands a bag with something inside. Putting his hand inside he rummages around till his hand finds what he wants.

"Here. Ellie has one, now you do." He holds a mask out to you. 

The colors are so cool. They are almost have a plasma effect and the trim is gold with dark "cracks" going into it. 

You can't come up with words. All you can do is stare at it with a awe struck look. After you get your feet back on the ground you say, "I love it. Thank you Uta-san."

If you knew where you two stand you'd hug him like you would you do Ellie, but since Japan is different with affection and Uta is Uta you don't. Although you really just once want to do something more then sometimes touch his hand or have him place his hand on your shoulder.

"It's warm.. You are wearing  jacket again?" He pokes the jacket you are wearing, "The scares are not bad. Just take it off." 

You look away from the mask in your hands and say, "I just had to deal with Ellie finding out I'm meeting with you so often. I don't think I want anymore glares.." 

Just thinking about that night you feel a shiver go up your spine. She was so pissed that her eyes changed to the black and red quicker then you've ever seen. Ellie yelled at you so long that your ear rang for a good minute after she settled down. Thankfully she calmed down when she meet Touka and the rest of the cafe crew, but she still isn't totally convinced so you get questioned every time you come back form seeing him. 

"Then we go to a cold place?" He ask. 

"Sounds good. I have to get some food anyway, mind going to the store with me?" You ask. 

Uta stands up and says he'd be fine with that. As you walk he talks about how he is making his current mask, as he talks you can't help but smile about how enthused he is about his mask. It also amazes how he's gotten better at speaking English since talking with you, but it annoys you that you can't pick up Japanese. 

"You want some coffee?" You ask Uta. " I have to pick some up for Ellie anyway." 

When he doesn't answer you look at him to see he's staring at something. Curious you follow his gaze to see he's looking at a girl. 

She is pretty. Her skin is perfect and hair is shinny unlike you who is normal and can't do more then throw your hair in a pony tail or some bun. It's not a messy bun it's just a weird thing you do and it works. 

Uta snaps out of his daze and looks at you with a lost look. "Did you say something?" 

Taking a breath you force a smile and say, "Just asking if you wanted some coffee." 

He nods and goes back to looking at her. After a few minutes he says, "Be back." With that he walks in her direction. All you can do is watch him talk and smile with her. 

It's a smile you don't see. He never smiles at you like that and just knowing that makes the fire in your stomach go from a bright blaze to lava that is erupting over. It takes a lot for you not to storm out and just leave the cart full of food. 

"It's fine.. He's not yours." You close your eyes and compose yourself. " Be happy he's happy." You tell yourself. 

Not wanting to watch it anymore you go about your shopping and finish it up. As you are checking out Uta comes up from behind you. You can see he's happy more happy then you've ever seen him. 

"I have to go home after this." You pick up all your bags and give a half ass smile. "Talk to you later?"

Uta scrunches his  eye brows together before saying, "Do you need help?"

"Nah I'm good." Before he can talk anymore you say your goodbyes and walk off. It doesn't even take to the half way point before you feel like the bags are going to cut off your fingers. 

Just looking down you can see the redness and the white that is around the red. It's the colors of pain and suffering.

"Hey (name) you need help?" Ellie ask from behind you. 

With a sigh of relief you set down one hand full of bags. Just knowing you can split up the load you have a mental celebration. 

"Saw Uta huh?" She ask.

All you can do is nod. You really don't want to think about Uta being with someone else more then you have to. 

"Something happen? You seem down." Ellie opens the apartment door for you. "Did he do something to you? I'll kill him if he hurt you." 

You place the bags on the counter and start putting everything away. It takes you a few minutes before you can tell her. 

"It's stupid. He was flirting with some girl, he's not even mine so I don't know why I feel this way." You let out a sorrow filled laugh, "I'm so fucking stupid." 

Ellie hooks an arm around your shoulders and gives you a smile. Picking up a mug she says, "How about you have ice cream. We'll watch crappy movies and complain?" 

"Heh.. yeah sounds good." You wipe some tears away from your eyes, "I'll make you some coffee?" 

Ellie pushes you into the main area. Once she has you on the couch she tells you to relax.

"You know he'll figure out he is missing out some day." Ellie tells you.

"I thought you hated him," You say. 

She pops her head out of the kitchen and says, "Yeah, but I love you like a sister so I can hate him but want you two together."

You just shake your head and turn the tv on. After a good fifteen minutes Ellie comes back with a carton of ice cream and a mug of coffee. 

"Eat up. I want you to eat that and tell me everything," Ellie declares. 

You nod and that is the beginning of the long night of you two talking and watching romcoms.