Part 7 Utax reader

Ellie came in at the wrong time. She doesn't know what's going on and is now trying to protect you from Uta who you are pretty sure had no intention of hurting you. 

"Ellie calm down," You demand. 

She glares ate you with a growl. It's a look you've never seen from her or really anyone at least not in this type of situation. You don't know what has gotten into her, even the last time she thought a ghoul was going to eat you she just got loud. Then again that was when the others were there to be aggressive.

Oddly Uta stays calms through all of it. It must not be the first time he's dealt with something like this.  Not surprising since he lives near a more hostile district.

"I'm tired of this. (name) you should of never come," Ellie sneers. " You're just getting in the way. Should of expected this from a human." 

She lets go of Uta and stands shaking in anger. Her fist ball up in a fist and crack at the joints. The aura she is emitting is dark with rage, her eyes are narrowed  and glowing bright red.

"Why did I even think to bring you here? You're of no use the only thing you're good for is a meal even then you smell like shit." She picks a side table that's close to her and flings it at you.

It hits you with a force so hard that you can feel your organs shift around with the hit. The air in your lungs is forced out of you while you fall to the floor heaving for breath. It takes you longer then you thought it would for you to be able to breath again. 

"Settle down," Uta tells Ellie. Even now he is still calm. "If you don't like me then deal with me not (name)-chan." 

Looking up you can see Ellie's kagune whipping in the air as she looks blankly at the floor. It's now that something in her has snapped. Right now there is no more Ellie, all there is left is what ever she has made herself now. 

"Uta this is with me and her," You force yourself to stand. "Just stay out of it." 

Uta not able to move sits on the couch in horror while Ellie lungs at you with full speed. He tries to get his kagune out, but Ellie reaches back with her's and makes sure he won't disturb.

Closing your eyes you get ready for what ever will come. Even though you've thought about this happening many times it hasn't prepared you for the real thing. There is nothing in the world to prepare you for getting killed by someone you thought was your friend. 

Ellie closes her eye before looking at you with a  lightened look. "Leave. I don't want to see you anymore."  

You can't seem to move. Her words cut like knifes into you it hurts more then if she were to hurt you. Ellie has never talked to you or anyone you know of like this before. 

"Leave," She screams at you. 

This time you don't hesitate and leave to see Uta already on the bottom of the stairs leaning on the wall. He is putting on his shirt but every time he lifts the inured side he can't seem to get past the pain. 

Wiping away a tear you help him put it on. Even with your help Uta still can't seem to put it on fully. His arms pulls on the torso to much for him to lift it to the arm hole. 

"I'll get you home." With that you call up a cab and take him home. 

Once at his shop you put him on his bed that's up the stairs. It's a relief once you have him on the bed, just helping him walk was a strain on your body. It didn't help much that your body would hit his torso making him stop in his track in pain. 

"Thank you," Uta huffs. 

Sitting on the floor by his bed you close your eyes and say, "It's no big deal." 

You sit there a few minutes before getting up. All you can do is look at the door before trying to decide what to do. Not having a place to stay brings you back to when you were a child making everything a little heavy feeling. 

"I should get going. Place to go and all that," You say nervously.  

Uta struggles to sit up on his own. Once he sits up he says, "You can stay. It sounds like you have no home. Right?" 

Rubbing your neck your neck before saying, "Oh I'm good. I have a friend I can stay with they are human so don't worry." 

He raises a brow at you before saying, "okay. If you say so." 

Not wanting to stay to long you quickly walk out and down the stairs. Once in the main gallery you stand and think about what to do. Your boss is nice, but she has a family and you don't want to get in the way. Besides that you don't have any were to go. 

Gulping you count up your money and find you have enough for one night at a hotel. Thankfully you get paid soon so you hope you can scrap through and find a place to live soon. You'd like Ellie to come to her seances but the chances of that happening are slim to none. 

Walking into the hotel room you sigh at the sight of it. It's not horrible, but it's not that great either. More of a one night thing till you can get on your feet. 

As you sit on the bed watching tv you get a text. Looking at it you see it's Uta saying he can't get up on his own and needs help. 

Not wanting him to hurt himself anymore then he is or anything you get going and end up there in about twenty minutes. When you get to where he was you see he's siting up without a shirt. 

The wound it's almost all the way healed. Only a weird dip in his side and scare tissue is all that's left. If you didn't know he was messed up this morning you'd swear he'd been in a bad accident years ago. 

"Hey look it's healed." He smiles at you. "You should stay. You came all this way." 

You only stare at him for a minute. "Did you just fool me into coming all the way here?" 

Uta gives you a knowing look before popping an eye into his mouth.  Oddly seeing eye balls being eaten is one thing that always makes you get uneasy. Just the popping of the optic fluid sack makes you shiver.

"Something wrong?" Uta questions you. 

Shaking your head you snap out of your thoughts and say, "Yeah I'm good just eyes. They have a pop to them." 

He swallows it before saying, "That's what I like."