part two Uta x human reader

It's been a day since you got the note from Uta. You don't want to tell Ellie, but you also don't want to not tell her cause well she knows ghouls better then you do being she is one. 

Then again she did seem wary of him and you don't want to let that go. Maybe he just wants you for food or maybe he does like you? With all the possibilities and fear that you have you just stuff the note back in your pocket and decide to think about it. 

With a sigh you look into the fridge and see there is nothing but some ketchup and mushrooms. Since Ellie has been working late nights you haven't went shopping and you can't go alone. 

It's nice Ellie wants to keep you safe, but it also makes it hard to do much while she is working. On the bright side you get plenty of Tv and internet time when she's gone. 

"I need food," You groan. "I'll be fine this once." 

With hesitation you go out on your own to the shop that is down the street. Even though you walk tall you feel very scared. This isn't like America where you knew where to go and where not to, this is still new to you and the rules of the streets are no where to be seen. 

Once at the shop you are more then happy to have the walk over with.  As far as you know there isn't a sane ghoul that would attack in public, maybe a crazy dumb one but you don't want to think about that happening right now. 

As you wonder the store you throw food and coffee in cart. So far you have more coffee then anything else. If Ellie wasn't so picky about her coffee then it wold be so much easier, but then again with human food not tasting good you can let it go that she's so picky on coffee. 

"All I need is ramen now," You tell your self. As you turn the corner you stop your self before hitting someone. 

"Oh god. I'm so sorry," You ramble. "Did I hit you." It's right then you scold yourself for speaking English. Who ever it is won't understand you.

Looking up you see none other then Uta. His eyes look at you from behind round sunglasses. You can't tell if he's mad or really if he's feeling anything his face is straight as ever. 

"Oh. Hi Uta." You put on a smile in hopes of getting something better.

"Get my note?" He ask. 

You almost forgot how hard it was for him to speak English. If you could speak better Japanese you would, but if you tried now it might sound more like an insult.

"What? Oh yeah the note.... Yes I have it." You mumble with a pink blush on your cheeks.

You can't lie Uta is really good looking. A lot better then any of your ex's could ever be.

"You should call." He places his coffee tins in your cart and pulls out his phone. Even his phone is black with a tattoo looking design on the back.  "Here put number in." 

You nod and tap the numbers on the screen till you have your number in place. Thankfully Uta does the spelling part for you since there is no way you'd know how to read the characters.

"Now you can call or text me," You say like a dumb ass. God you sound like a high school girl and not a smart one at that. 

Uta nods and taps at his phone. Not to long after he is done your phone buzzes. 

Pulling it out you look to see it must be Uta. Tapping on the message you see it says, 'here is my number.' 

"He must be able to spell better then he can speak English." You wonder to your self.

"I have to go.. bye (name)-chan." Uta takes his Coffee with a smile and leaves. 

You've heard chan before while walking around. Most of the time you heard it said to children since you work at a day care center for people from America.

As you go home you get a blush as you keep thinking about talking to Uta. He some how makes you feel special and wanted even if this is second time you've meet him. 

"There you are (name)," Ellie yells. 

You can tell without looking at her that she's pissed. If it wasn't for her scary eyes when she was scared you wouldn't really worry about her getting a little annoyed. 

"I'm back," You mumble as you enter the apartment. " I got coffee for you." 

Ellie sniffs the air like a dog. It doesn't take her long before she pin points the smell to you. With a slender hand she grabs your shoulder and grips it till it's uncomfortable and a little scary. 

"I told you to stay away from him," She growls. 

With a gulp you say, "I just ran into him at the store. It's nothing to worry about, honest."

She glares at you for a minute before letting go of your shoulder. Even though she is slowly going back to normal you can tell she still isn't happy. 

"I got you that one brand you wanted to try. It was on sale." You hold the tin up for her. "This is the one right?"

"Don't try and make me forget." 

True to her word she doesn't forget. She keeps asking you questions till she falls asleep on the couch while watching tv. 

The way she is reminds you of when all your friends were alive, when everything was a lot less scary. You really miss those times they were so good, everything was perfect. 

As you flip through the channels you jump when your phone buzzes. With a grunt you look at the message to see it's Uta. 

'Hello (name)-chan. I have to go to a cafe tomorrow. meet me there?'

You chew at your lip in thought. Ellie would be pissed if she knew what was happening, but Uta seems nice enough or at least he's not like your ex's that in hindsight were people you shouldn't of been around anyway. 

After some inner arguing you text him back, 'As long as it's after 5 I can. Have to work Monday-Friday.' 

You can feel the cringe on your face after hitting the send button. Why would you tell him what days you have to work? That's something you say to friends or maybe on a first date for a conversation starter or something.

While you scold your self you see you got another message. With a lot of hesitation you look at it too see all he said was, 'Okay. I will send address.'

It only takes a minute before you have the address to a cafe that is a little bit of a walk from here. Maybe if you're luck the walk back will wipe away the smell of Uta before you can get back to Ellie.