Five

I zipped up my ratted raincoat, the lobby had a small drift. While I was walking, looking down at my jacket, I heard someone call my name, "Michael Wheeler!" I shot my head towards the direction of the voice. He was there. Standing stiff tall, a lean figure. He hadn't changed besides the lingering deep, monotone voice.
     I finally reached the waiting room. I stood at least 3 feet away from Lucas. I suddenly stopped in my tracks. Tears rose to the brim of my eyes. I squinted shut, he couldn't let Lucas see him like his. Lucas walked towards me from his stance, leaning against the doorframe of the check in office.
     "Michael...", Lucas reached out to shake my hand.

Why wasn't he calling me Mike? Why wasn't he happy to see me?

     I refused the handshake. I suddenly shot my eyes to the tiled floor.
     "Nice to see you too, Michael," Lucas snickered.
     "You really think you come back here? After six years Lucas? SIX YEARS!", my voice began to raise. This caught the attention of the hospital staff and visitors. No one reacted. The waiting room air hung.
      "Let me explain, Michael!", Lucas shouted back.
      I reached out to grab Lucas's shirt. The on goers in the room seemed to move in fast motion. Suddenly, a hand grabbed for Mike's jacket.
     "Do I need to call security? The police?", the voice spat in my ears, rattling my eardrums.  I craned my neck to see the doctor that called for Lucas's presence gripping his jacket.
    "I think you do, sir, this man was trying to harass me," I glared toward Lucas who was also pinned against the wall by a stiff staff member. In a few short minutes that fled by, my ears were ringing from the sirens outback. My nerves tensed. The man, still holding onto my broad shoulders, let go of me. I dropped to the tile floor.
     "Get up, Michael Wheeler," Lucas shot a furious glance down at me as he passed by to leave the building, guided by a security guard. As I was being dragged out, my palms began to sweat. I heard a faint whisper behind me, calling my name. It sent sharp chills up my back. It couldn't be her, I thought, it had to be my mind playing tricks on me. As they walked out of the building, I kept my head down. The police cuffed them both aggressively and threw them into the back of the all black police car. I glanced up towards El's hospital room.
     "I'll be back before you know it, Eleven," I whispered to myself. I had to be there for her, if she returned. If...