Seven

One of the policemen wrapped his icy fingers around my left shoulder and pushed my chest against the car. The man reached down to unlock my cuffs and told me not to try to run or resist the cuffs.
     Once Lucas and I were both unlocked, the two policemen lead us into the Hawkins juvenile jail. The entrance door stated fire exit only. Odd. However, no alarm or siren went off when they entered the stale smelling, rotten building.
    I attempted to adjust my eyes to the dim hallways. I scanned my surrounding. They appeared to be in a waiting room of sorts. An empty waiting room, glass chairs scattered in an unorganized matter around the room no bigger than a high school gym. There was one hanging light on the ceiling, swaying left and right from the dense draft. I also noted that there were no windows...anywhere, no escape, no daylight.
One of the men waited by the boys and the other turned behind them to shut the door. Its slam echoed throughout the building.
"You'll be here until the big man upstairs declares your outing, boys," the man standing the closest to them snickered. The other policeman chuckled deeply. This made me shiver. An eerie feeling crept around them like a predator sneaking near its prey.
As Lucas and I followed the two men leading about 5 feet ahead, I tried to listen for small noises indicating other presences. A sharp almost wind-like noise was distant, causing me to strain my leg muscles. I looked left and right, no one in sight. I raised my eyes to the ceiling, noticing a rusty, hanging vent. One of the men turned around, glaring at me. I suddenly shot my gaze to the floor and continued to follow. They suddenly reached a narrow set of stairs.
"He'll meet you upstairs, boys!" the man with the scratchy voice shouted as he roughly pushed Lucas towards the staircase. Lucas looked back at me as the men were walking back to their shifts. I reached to brush my dark locks out of my face and began to walk on the balls of my feet over to Lucas. I clenched my jaw and began to achingly climb the raw, stone stairs towards the lightless Hawkins jail headquarters.