7.0 ▹ WAITING GAME.

The drive to the beach was comical to say the least

The drive to the beach was comical to say the least. She had the windows rolled down, and she was speeding, only slowing when she saw a police car. That didn't happen often, so rest assure, that she was driving rather quickly through the slushy mess on the road. She looked at the concert ticket had bought her, in the pocket of her bag, slowly flapping in the wind.

Edward barked a laugh as he saw Juliette sit up and lean against the wheel to assure that her turn was perfect as she rolled into a parking space. He saw five cars parked in various spots along the lot.

"Juliette," he started, his voice soft and kind. "Is Hunter coming?"

She looked at him, her smile slowly dropping. "I don't know. I'm not sure." Her tawny eyes found his and Edward looked her over as she simply squeezed his cold hand. "Did you bring something to keep you entertained? I brought my laptop in case you didn't."

"I'm gonna work on some sheet music," Edward told her, a smile on his lips.

"Okay," she said, before opening her door. She shut it quickly and slipped on her wetsuit behind the Jeep, before opening the trunk. Edward turned around and she smiled playfully at him. "What?"

"Nothing, Jules." He chuckled, before getting out of her car. He stood to his full height and undid the straps that were holding her surfboards. "Juliette?" He called to get her attention.

"Qué? " She replied quickly, peeking her head around the car. "Yeah?"

"Which board do you want?"

"The orange one," She told him. He carefully pulled it down from the top of her car as she held a bag on her shoulder, putting it in the backseat.

"How long have you been surfing?" He asked, interested in another one of her hobbies.

"Probably since I was eleven," She stated, pulling her hair into a ponytail. She took the longboard from him, as he raised a brow, looking at the height difference between her and the board.

"Isn't that a little tall for you?"

She laughed, amused as she rolled her eyes. "Yes, but that's the point. If you think my longboard is tall, my gun surfboard is taller. But don't worry, I've been doing this for a while." He watched as she fixed the strap around her ankle, before she stood up tall. "You sure you're going to be okay? I don't want leave you up here by yourself."

"I'll be fine, Jules. You just be careful. After all, I'm not the one riding waves for fun," He teased, causing her to laugh.

"Good point." She agreed, kissing his cheek. "I'll see you soon. Give me a yell if you need me."