10.0 ▹ DEADLY GAMES.

"So, vampires play baseball?" Bella asked from the backseat

"So, vampires play baseball?" Bella asked from the backseat. Juliette fixed her ballcap, slumping her seat as she fiddled with her necklace. Edward pursed his lips and nodded once.

"It's the American pastime." Edward replied, continuing to drive through the woods in Emmett's jeep.

Juliette looked back at Bella from her spot in the passenger's seat, her arms folded as Bella shot narrowed eyes at her. Edward grabbed her hand and laced their fingers together.

"We're here." He announced, interrupting her inner monologue.

The mixed brunette undid her seatbelt, and looked over the seat at Bella with dark eyes. She narrowed them slightly, and by the time she turned around, Edward was holding her door open. Juliette climbed out the truck and he caught her, easing her onto her feet.

"Play nice," Edward warned.

"No promises," Juliette replied, grabbing his hand and kissing his cold cheek. She looked at Bella and smirked as she and Edward walked towards the rest of the Cullen family. Bella stiffened and Brandon rubbed the back of her hand, watching his younger sister.

Bella hated how natural Juliette seemed to fit with Edward. Everything about her was perfect and he seemed to accessorize her just as well. The two looked like they were meant to be and picture perfect. Somehow, Juliette's tanned skin and long black hair fit with Edward's auburn hair and pale skin. Juliette came to Edward's shoulder, or was she at his ear? Regardless, Bella envied her. Edward hadn't even given Bella a chance and with Juliette at his side, she didn't stand a single second. And Edward didn't look at Juliette as if he wanted to secretly drain her dry of blood. In fact, he looked as if he would do anything for her, even take a bullet for her.

Bella couldn't help but grit her teeth in envy.

She and Brandon moved forward towards the Cullens and their plus one, although the way Juliette stood poised and graceful, it was as if she were already one of them.

Bella looked at Juliette's matching cap and jersey and nearly scoffed. She wore a pair of thick black leggings that showed off her long and curvy legs almost sensually and a pair of black ankle booties. Bella could only wonder what she'd look like when she was actually dressed up.

Bella walked over to Esme and Juliette, who were talking among themselves. The two women looked up and smiled at Bella, comfortable with themselves.

"You two will be my umpires. They like to cheat," Esme laughed. "Call them as you see them, Jules, Bella."

And with that, the game began. And Juliette loved every second of it. It was electrifying, watching the Cullens.

Rosalie was on home plate, and Alice was pitching. The ball went like a bullet and the sound of Rosalie hitting was like a bolder crashing into the earth. Juliette's lips curled in a wicked grin as she saw Edward chase after it.