13.0 ▹ BIRTHDAYS GONE SOUR.

Juliette gently groaned as Edward nipped her ear, her eyes opening wide to stare at him

Juliette gently groaned as Edward nipped her ear, her eyes opening wide to stare at him. He grinned widely, and she snorted. "Can we not celebrate?"Juliette asked.

"Ask Alice, not me," Edward laughed. "Besides another year of your existence is something to be celebrated."

"Are you coming to school today?" Juliette asked, sitting up from the bed.

"Of course. Got to keep all the vultures away." He grinned smugly. "By the way, Alice picked you out an outfit."

"If it's not a t-shirt, jeans, and converse then I don't want it." Edward gave her a face and she snorted. "Yeah, I know."

She rolled onto her side and climbed out of bed, pushing her hair out of her eyes and standing to her feet. Juliette walked over to him and kissed his cheek.

Edward rubbed her shoulders as she walked past him and over to the closet. Alice knocked and popped her head in the door. "Don't even worry about looking for an outfit, I've got it covered." The fairy like vampire danced into the room, and pulled an outfit from behind her back.

Juliette looked at the crimson blouse and sighed. The ruffled crop top wasn't as bad as she had thought the outfit was going to be, and Jules didn't mind the leather skirt Alice thought suited the shirt. The only part that Juliette had considered complaining about was the heels. But she knew Alice wouldn't care or listen. She took the outfit and trekked off to the bathroom to brush her teeth and wash her face.

Once the task of getting dressed and the like was done, she heard a knock on the bathroom. Juliette pulled the door open, Rosalie's pale features marred with a smile. Her blonde curls fell in neat ringlets, like a princess.

"Need help?" She asked, a bit curious and slightly warm.

"Sure," Juliette said, nodding her head. She sat down on front of the mirror, and Rosalie set out to fix her hair. Rosalie's hands worked quickly to fix her hair and by the time Rose was done, Juliette resembled a work of art. Her black hair was done in milkmaid braids, before ending in a bun. Her face was devoid of makeup, with the exception of a crimson lipstick Rosalie had been kind enough to buy for her.

"Thank you," Juliette said.

Rosalie nodded and squeezed her shoulders once, before leaving the bathroom. Juliette followed her movements, and walked down the stairs. She saw the Cullens crowd around the bottom of the stairs and her lips pulled back in a dimpled grin.

"Happy Birthday," Alice laughed. Alice hopped over to Juliette and hugged her tightly. She laughed, hugging Alice back. The vampire pulled away and took a box from Jasper. "This is one of your many presents, and I know you'll like it."

"Oh?" Juliette hummed teasingly.

Edward chuckled as Juliette opened the box, and squealed. "You got me a new laptop?" she sighed happily. "Alice, I can't take this."