1

"Isabelle Kacey Marks, will you marry me?" Jason asked, getting down on one knee and pulling out a beautiful diamond ring. I look at Ethan for a moment.
"I-" start, slightly pausing. "Yes! Yes!" I squeal in excitement. Jason stands up and gives me a kiss. The ring slides onto my ring finger. I take a moment to admire it. I feel Ethan's eyes on me. Instead of looking at him, I look at alyssa. She smiles, but something's off.

The wedding day
I take a deep breath as I stand behind my bridesmaids. Alyssa looks at me and smiles as a reassurance. I smile back as the music starts to play.
"You ready?" Eric asks, taking my hand.
"Sort of," I reply. He raises his eyebrow. Eric opens his mouth to speak, but the doors open before he has a chance to. My bridesmaids walk out one at a time. My stomach turns as Alyssa leaves.

We slowly walk down the aisle. Friends and family are all smiling at us. I look at Jason, waiting for everything else to disappear. But it never does. Eric hugs me before passing me off to Jason. We hold hands and stand in front of the priest.
"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here to witness the marriage of Isabelle and Jason," the priest says. He continues speaking, but I can't hear a word he says. I look around the room expecting to see him. Soon I catch a pair of hazel eyes. He's standing in the back corner.
I look back at Jason.

"Jason White, do you take Isabelle Marks to hold and to love till death do you apart?" The priest asks.
"Yes," he replies.
"Isabelle Marks, do you take Jason White to hold and to love till death do you apart?" The priest turns to me. I stay silent for a minute. My eyes wander over to Ethan one last time.

"I-I. I can't," I say.