5

Alyssa leaves and I get ready. I'm not sure what I'm going to say to him, but we need to talk. I drive to his place. Taking a deep breath, I knock on the door.
"Hey!" I exclaim as he opens the door.
"How are you?" I ask him.
"I'm not too bad. How are you?" Ethan asks.
"Good. I wanted to talk to you about something," I start. Grayson walks down the stairs. He smiles at me and I smile back.
"Yeah! Sure. There's a park down the road. Do you want to go?" he asks me.
"Yeah, sure," I reply.
We walk towards a park.
"Okay. What is it?" he asks.

"It's just that I. Ugh. You're different from anyone I've ever met, Ethan. I don't know how to say this. But I'm still in love with you," I sigh. He doesn't say anything. Ethan doesn't love me. He even cheated on me before. What the hell was I thinking? I turn around to leave. A hand grabs me and twists me around to face him. My eyes meet his hazel eyes. Before I can process anything, I find his lips on mine. I freeze for a minute, before I kiss him back. Our lips move in sync. He pulls me closer. I wrap my arms around his neck.
"I've missed this," I whisper.
"Me too," he replies.

We walk back to his house hand in hand. He let's go of my hand to unlock the door. We walk into the kitchen.
"Addy!" Ethan exclaims. She looks at both of us.
"I should probably go," I announce.
"Wait," Adeline says. "What were you two doing?" she asks.
"We were at the park," I reply.
"Just hanging out," Ethan says. Adeline suspiciously looks between us.
"Alyssa's waiting for me. I'll see you later," I walk out the door. I drive to Alyssa and Grayson's place.
"Guys! Holy crap! I don't know if I just made a huge mistake!" I exclaim.
"What did you do?" Grayson asks as I sit down at their island.
"I just frickin kissed Ethan!" I say. Grayson's mouth drops.
"Oh shit. What about Adeline?" Alyssa asks.
"I don't know. I think she knows we're up to something, because she was very suspicious," I reply.

I walk towards my room. The wood floor creaks underneath my feet. The doorbell rings. I run to see who it is.
"Hey!" I exclaim, opening the door for Ethan.
"Hey. I broke up with Adeline," he says. "Once you left, I realized that I'm nothing without you. She doesn't make me feel like you do. She doesn't make me laugh. I felt a spark with you. One that I haven't felt since we last kissed. You make me happy. I love you Isabelle," Ethan smiles at me.

The next day
I run down the hall to get the door. My stomach feels uneasy. It's Adeline. I open the door.
"Hi," I say. She doesn't say anything. Before I can process any thing, her fist collides with my forehead. My vision goes blurry. She steps into my house and drags me in.

"Lights out."