t w e l v e

My hands were visibly shaking as I hovered the pen over the writing pad, stood beside his table waiting for him to tell me his order.

Every few seconds, he'd smile up at me, but then just as quickly drop his focus back onto the menu in his hands. "What you recommend?" He asked and pouted his lips out, waiting for me to reply.

"Um-" I cleared my throat. Mentally screaming at myself to calm down.

"Breakfast?" He asked, drooping his attention away from me for long enough for me to take a decent breath, feeling starved of air.

"Sure" I nodded. Then found myself frowning and cussing at myself mentally as my voice came out all high pitched with a slight sounding of an American accent. The fuck is wrong with me?

"You okay?" His eyes were back on me. Why did he look as though he was fighting against a smirk. "Need a drink?" He asked, lifting his glass up, offering it to me.

I shook my head quickly and threw him a faint smile.

"You know though, I've heard your breakfasts aren't as big as Busty Barlows" He muttered, keeping his eyes on the page he was on and began chewing his bottom lip.

What is it with that rumor? Busty Barlows is a load of crap compared to this place!

"Um- But here, you get free fried bread, as well as toast" the comment flew out of my mouth, not even realising I was going to say that. Good job my boss isn't in. Celebrity or not, he never gives food away for free.

"I see" He said before slamming the menu shut, making me jump. Causing him to chuckle lightly into his hand. "Breakfast it is" He smiled, passing the menu back to me.

Just as I was about to walk off, he spoke again, stopping me in my tracks "You were at the club last night, if I'm not mistaken?"

"Um-"

"Yeah, I had a picture taken with you" He went on, staring at me intensely the second I turned back around. "Did your friend turn up in the end?"

I dropped my focus to the floor, suddenly feeling panicked from his attention being on me. This was Matty Healy for goodness sake, talking to me, for a second time! "Yeah, he met me-"

"He? Boyfriend?"

I had to fight against the smile threatening to spill over my face, "something like that" I shrugged. Feeling foolish for lying. But I was put on the spot here. It's not like Matty would ever find out I'd just referred to him as my boyfriend, I sure as hell wasn't going to tell him.

"Well-" He paused and raised from his seat slightly to get a better look at my name tag "Alessia. Your boyfriend is a very lucky guy"

"Thank you" I muttered. Not necessarily sure if that was the right thing in response to what he said. But he said nothing else, so i quickly scurried back behind the counter to get to the kitchen to put his order in. But not before grabbing my phone.

I literally can not speak to him, I panic. What is wrong with me?! So frustrated with myself! :( x

He's not that intimidating is he? xxx

... He's just so... Matty Healy, isn't he?

Suddenly I was startled as I placed my phone back down, Matty's laughter cursed through the whole cafe, bouncing off the walls freely as he stared down at his phone.

"Sorry. Funny joke!" He said, looking across at me and pointing to his phone.

Ten minutes later, he was tucking into his food as though he'd been starved for weeks. "This is good!" He muttered, mouth full of food as he pointed down to his plate with the folded slice of toast in his hand.

I found myself having to turn my back to stop myself laughing at him.

"This sausage is cooked to perfectoin! Did you cook it?"

"No, I'm just the waitress"

"Why did you say it like that?" He asked suddenly, staring across at me, chewing his food slowly.

"What?"

"Just the waitress" He murmured back in a crap attempt at my voice, but it made me laugh anyway. Which them made him grin at me in such an adorable way.

I shrugged quickly "Because that's what I am" I told him, meaning it. To him, this was basically a gutter job more than likely. Whilst he had his millions.

His gaze suddenly softened as he continued to look over at me. "Have you ever tried the sausages here?" He asked randomly and grabbed at one, holding it up, as if I wouldn't know what a sausage is if he hadn't of just showed me.

"No" I laughed, finding him too funny now. "We're not allowed to eat the food."

"Well,"He budged across the seat, making room. "Come. try it"

"No. No, I'm alright thanks" I smiled timidly.

"Vegetarian?" 

"What?" I laughed. "No, I just don't need-" I quickly cut myself off.

"Don't need what?" He frowned over at me, confused.

"Hand outs" I winced, already knowing I was out of line for even thinking that.

His head quickly dropped to the side with an over exaggerated eye roll before he stood and strided over to me, bringing the sausage with him. Making me laugh again.

"Open!" He ordered softly. "Please. It's just a bite of pork, woman!" 

Woman... Matty always says that to me when I annoy him with my sarcasm over texts.

I did as told and found myself pleasantly surprised with it. "Busty Barlows who?" I said rudely with a mouthful of food, throwing a hand up over my mouth after when I realised how rude I was being.

Matty took another big mouthful from it, "Right!" He nodded, grinning, chewing with his mouth open. And I felt like he was only doing it because I embarrassed myself doing it.

Which only made me like him even more. 

But Matty.... other Matty..... I quickly got back behind the counter to my phone, but I'd had nothing else back from him. I quickly typed him another message. Telling him I was missing chatting, when the door slammed shut.

The cafe now empty. A twenty pound note placed on the table. With another twenty stuffed under the glass of sprite with a note that read "20 for the sprite"