Frozen Pancakes

I am looking at my reflection in mirror that morning and I see a 13 year old girl staring back at me, she was tall and slim with hair that hangs right above my bell bottom it is a bark red almost brown, the girl in he mirror has big baby blue eyes, with huge dark bags under them. I look horrible!
I was up since 1am last night because of that horrible dream. I have never had such a bad dream that i could remember.  I try to go back to sleep but i couldn't, i was scared that i would have the dream again. And the pain, i felt was so real.  It hurt, and i was not going to have that dream again, Even if that meant staying up all night.
I really do wish that i would had gotten some sleep last night to look some what good. i seriously look like a zombie which honestly is not that attractive.  I usually don't care what i look like but since it is my first day of seventh grade and it is going to be a whole new school i kinda wanted to make a good first impression.  I am excited to meet all new people at fairview jr high middle school and make some new friends.
My best friend, Will, went to union jr high school, luckily the schools weren't that far away from each other and both are great school. But we still can't have any classes together.  We promise to tell each other everything about are new school and still hang out all the time.  But that would be easy, seeing that he lives right across the street from my house.
"Jess come on down to eat, i made pancakes, your favorite!" my mother's words snapped me back to the present "i will be right down!" i yelled back as i put my tennis shoes on and came down stairs. "You look nice today" my mother said as she put three huge pancakes on my plate. Today i was wearing a navy hoodie with some black leggings and my crazy hair was put up in a messy bun. " Um thanks" i say not really meaning it. I new that she really hasn't looked at me because if she did she could tell i look like i just rose from the dead.
I watch my mom as she finishes preparing my breakfast, "thank you for breakfast mom" i say cutting my pancakes.  i notice that the pancakes are pretty hard.  i pick one up and try to snap it in half it just bends a little, so i start hitting is against the table first a little then harder, it finally breaks in half. The pancakes are frozen inside so i suspect that these were the leftover pancakes in the fridge she made last week, but why would she have not put it on the stove or even in the microwave, i mean is she trying to kill me? "Hey mom?"
"yes sweetheart?"
"are you forgetting something?"
"i don't think so.  Oh wait, the butter, sorry."
" no mom" i say kinda frustrated, then i remember that she was in my room last night with me. i would if she ever went back to bed? "Did you get any sleep last night after i woke you up? "Yes, some. Why?" i knew she was lying "um are pancakes supposed to be frozen inside? "i ask sarcastically  "oh" my mom gives a weak giggle  "i am so sorry i must've just forgotten. Hand me your pancakes and i will heat them up for you."  "thanks, i am really sorry for waking you up up last night. " i say as i give my mom my plate of frozen pancakes.  "To be honest i didn't get much sleep after you woke up" i already knew that but i was glad she told me. "Did dad get any sleep?" my mom handed me my pancakes nice a warm and then said "he didn't even wake up he was snoring to loud." we both laugh and then i asked "how loud was i?" i was feeling bad i woke her up.  "Well i was already awake and was going to my room when i heard you make some noise so i came into your room, but if i was sleeping i wouldn't have woken up." i was happy my mom was there to wake me up and get me out of that horrible dream. "What were you dreaming about?" my mom asked. I really didn't feel like talking about it so i just said "i don't remember." but my mom being my mom knew i was lying.  She raised one of her, alright whatever, eyebrows and i tried again "i just don't feel like talking about it just yet."  My mom took this answer. "Alright well when you are ready to talk i am here, now go get your school supplies or you are going to be late."  This is why i love my mom. She never pushed for more that i am willing to give her.