Chapter 38

Toya POV 

*

"This feels weird," Shad said as we boarded the plane. "That felt like-"

"He was saying goodbye," Malik finished. "Like this was gonna be our last time seeing him."

"I got that feeling too," I said. My feelings for Rashid aren't there anymore but I don't want anything happening to him. He's got a son and people who care about him. "Should we go back?"

"No," Jaheem said. 

"But-"

"He's right Toya. You mean a lot to everybody. I'm gonna keep y'all safe. Don't worry about them. I got people coming out here to help and possibly stop whatever suicide plan he's cooking up. They'll be alright Toya. I promise."

"I hope Xavier is alright," Britt mumbled. "I don't know what I'll do without him."

"Xavier will not leave you. He's way too selfish for that," I said trying to lighten the mood. She giggled.

"You're right."

"And you'll always have me Britt," Shad said sliding next to her with a grin. This caused us to laugh. Of course he'll be trying to Mack at a time like this.

Rashid POV 

*

"Ra where you going man?" Xavier and the guys followed me down the stairs of the trap.

I ignored them as I kicked the door open. Shana jumped in her seat. We've kept er down here for the past few days since we found out about her deceit. "Where is she?" I asked. 

"I-I don't know who you're talking about."

"I don't have time for your games Shana. Where the fuck is Trina?"

"Oh," she smirked. "You guys finally figured it out. Took you long enough. I mean really, were you guys seriously that slow? The crazy bitch has always been obsessed with you. I don't understand wh-ah!" she screamed when I shot her in the leg. 

"I'm not playing with you Shana. Where the fuck is she?"

"Y-You shot m-me. I'm the mother to your son Rashid!"

"Bitch I don't give a fuck if you were the virgin Mary! Not once have you been there for him. Not once have you been a mother to our kid. He wouldn't miss your ass and I damn sure wouldn't either. Where the fuck is she?" I shot her in her other leg. And then her arm. 

"Okay okay!" she screamed. "M-My phone. Her number is saved in it. Call her. Do whatever the hell you want. Just stop please. I don't want to die."

"Tell me something Shana, why? Why do any of this if you knew the repercussions?"

She sniffed and sighed. "It didn't start out like this honestly. I did love you and wanted to be with you. When I got pregnant I was happy because we could finally solidify what we had. But you were so stuck on that bitch Toya. And then Kenny came back. I've always had a spot for him. HE told me when he took you out I would be able to stay on top. Trina wanted me to keep tabs on you guys to make sure you didn't get too far to the truth. That's why she was always a few steps ahead. She's good at playing on people's hate for Toya. She's always got someone watching. Toya will never be safe because there's always someone watching, waiting."

"Even now," I mumbled. 

"I don't know who but he's got someone watching her and that guy Jaheem. They're gonna kill her when they get the chance."

"Not if I have anything to do with it." I lifted the gun to her head. Her eyes grew wide.

"Please Rashid," she cried. "We have a son. I-I'll go away. I'll help you set her up. Just don't-" Her pleas fell on deaf's ear as I pulled the trigger and her body slumped over. I didn't feel a single thing.