Chapter 6

Toya POV

I'm so glad Jaheem got me out of there. What ole girl did was mad disrespectful. I was two seconds of stomping her ass out in front of her kid. I know I shouldn't be doing that cause I love kids and I don't want him witnessing his mother get a beat down. I guess me and Rashid finna have our old relationship back. Nothin but fights and mutual dislike of each other. It's whatever. I didn't come back thinking we'd pick up where we left off. I'm not the same person and I half-expected him to at least move on.

Me and Jaheem made it back to the apartment. "Sorry," I said to Jaheem. I know he's mad at me for losing my temper like that. He never explained why he doesn't like me cursin and cuttin up all the time.

"It's cool," he sat down in the living room. "You got me for another twelve or so hours. Wanna do something else?"

"I don't know." I sat down next to him. "Not much to do."

"That's why you should come up to New York with me." I laughed at him and shook my head. "Why not?"

"I'll visit you and stuff but I need to be here. I'm still technically my brothers' legal guardian. I don't want him doing what he does regardless of how small the job is that Rashid gave them. All they need to do is get caught once and their entire lives can be fucked up."

"It's possible for them to sell and not get caught you know. And why would you put all that stress on you again?"

"It's not going to be stress-"

"Yes it is. You just got back ma. I understand you wanna lead him in the right direction but putting yourself under a lot of stress ain't gon do it. That's gonna make them do what they do even more dangerous because they'll start slangin harder. They're damn near grown and growing up with you I know they know better."

"I made a promise to make sure Shad goes to college."

"Selling drugs ain't gon stop him. You have to realize that you can't control everything. You try and do some noble shit and keep them on the straight an narrow. You have to let them grow up and do them. You can help them and lead them but you can't control em. Sometimes the best teacher is life. They need to do and figure shit out on their own."

One thing I like about Jaheem is the fact he actually talks to me. The shit he be sayin is damn near lyrical. He speaks some true shit making me stop and think. "If I do let them go one about their lives then what if they end up in jail? What if they get shot? What if they die and it's my fault because I didn't stop them like I could've?"

"That's what they signed up for. They knew what they were gettin into when they made the choice to slang. The dope boy life always look like the easy way out when it's really not and you know that. You can't blame yourself. They have to take reponsibility for themselves sooner rather than later. They're 17 now and are at that age where they're expected to make choices for themselves and take responsibilities. You ain't gotta be their momma nomo Toya. Be a sister."

"But I don't want them going through all the unnecessary bull shit like seriously. I want that to bypass them. Can't I just do that?"

"It's not going to matter one way or the other. You can't hide them from the world. Let's just say if that been you. What if yo momma been still here and try to police your life, keepin you in from parties and yo friends, how would you react?" I was going to say I would've listened but then I thought about it again. This is me we're talkin about. Not even the fact that it's me. If anybody was cut off like that I'm pretty sure they'd wild out. "You can try and police him and keep him away from all the bull shit but he just gon do him regardless. You should let them do them but be there to at least nudge them where they should be. They're not dumb kids."

I groaned. Jaheem always be preachin to me and shit and make a lot of sense. I guess I have to finally let go and let them live. My smothering isn't helping them none. "Okay if I let go, what am I supposed to do?"

"You got yo life back Lil mama. Do something for you for a change. Do something you wanna do. Stop putting your life and goals and dreams aside cause you think everyone needs you to save them. It's okay to be a little selfish. What is it that you really like to do?"

I thought about it. I really don't know. I've been ignoring myself for so long I didn't put much thought into it. "I don't know."

"Yeah you do, you just need to figure it out."

"You know you make me sick with all this advice that be makin sense," he laughed. "You talk like a old man and shit." He pinched my arm. "Stop man that hurts."

"Stop cursin so much. Pretty girls don't need to be talkin like that." That actually made me blush. Dammit! "When you figure out what it is you really like to do tell me."

"Okay you'll be the first person I tell. You sure you wanna leave?" I pouted. It's going to be weird as hell not having him around. 

He laughed. "It doesn't matter what I want. I have a responsibility to go back. My pops gettin too old for this life man."

I sighed. "I understand. You do you. You better call and text me everyday." He laughed but agreed. 

Britt POV

I went to the airport with Toya to say goodbye to Jaheem. I have a feeling he really likes Toya and she probably feels the same way but they won't admit it to each other. At first I was #TeamRashid&Toya but now, I might have to switch. Jaheem and Toya look so cute together and they're always happy to be around each other. But who do I think will end up together? Can't really say. 

The guys are coming too. I don't know why when they really didn't talk to Jaheem his entire visit. Well, Keem did and they seem cool. Shad and Malik also like him a lot. Me? That'll be my secret crush ;). He's just so sexy like damn. Praise the almighty Budda, Jesus, or whoever for him. And did I mention them eyes?! Those lips!? Jesus take the wheel.

Back to the story. We just pulled up to the airport. Toya met us up front. Shad and Malik took off running for her. It's so cute seeing them together again. "Hey hun," I hugged her. 

"Hey y'all," she looked tired.

"What's wrong?" Shad asked concerned.

"Huh? Oh I'm just tired. Been up all night."

"Doin what?" Keem loud ass yelled.

"Shut up and mind yo what? Oh. But anyways, I finna go back inside. Come on." We followed her to Jaheem who was on his phone. 

We been chillin, talkin, gettin to know Jaheem a little better. He's actually really cool. He didn't tell us exactly why he's leaving but we ain't goin in on his life or anything. Rashid been glaring at how Jaheem and Toya been all in each other's ear and laughing and stuff. I have a feeling there's going to be a problem.

Rashid POV

I swear to god these muthafuckas is irkin the hell out of my nerves. This nigga need to hurry up and leave. Only reason I came was because I finally have the opportunity to talk to Toya alone. I need to tell her everything before someone else does.

"It's time for you to go," Toya said. Finally, shit.

"Alright. Nice meeting y'all." He hugged and showed everyone love. I don't care if the nigga skipped me. 

"Remember our deal," Toya said. They started walking towards the gate. Where the fuck she think she goin? They talked for a bit and he hugged her. Longer than I like. Toya came back looking ready to cry.

"Awe hun it's okay," Britt hugged her. "He'll visit."

"He better or we're going to fight." She wiped her face. It hurts to see her cry over some other nigga. I don't wanna see her crying over him. That means she might got some feelings for ole boy and I ain't losing my girl to him.

 Awe dip! :'( Bye bye Jaheem. Britt gettin cray cray. But anyways, vote comment share. More votes or no updates straight like that.

Britt in mm.