Chapter 4

Jimin pov~

I had just missed the bus to my job so I had to run 5 blocks to get to the convenience store. Hobi hyung wasn't too strict, he was pretty chill so I wasn't worried about being late. I had to get a job close to the university but not too close to where my hyung or anyone else would know I worked there. Now after running this long I'm regretting not getting a job at the mcdonalds next door to the dorms. Luckily the store was empty so I quickly ran in there and put my work shirt over my t-shirt. I didn't see Hobi so I figured he must be in the back. I got behind the cashier table and clocked in.

Suddenly I heard a crash from the back. I ran to the back to see Hobi piled under a bunch of boxes of candy. "Hold on hyung I'll get you," I said as I grabbed boxes and shoved them out of the way. I heard Hobi's muffled screaming as I picked up the boxes one by one. Finally I got enough boxes out of the way so that he could get his way back up. "Thanks Jimin I thought I'd die in there," he said dusting himself off. "Sorry i'm late hyung I missed my bus," I explained stacking the boxes neatly back in the supply closet. "It's alright the place hasn't been too busy anyways. So how've ya been Jiminie I havnt seen you in two days," he said flashing his signature Hobi smile. I smiled, "I've been alright it's been a long weekend to be honest. My brother doesn't leave me alone. My bestfriend doesn't leave me alone. My own teacher doesn't leave me alone. I wonder why they treat me like a child," I said as I started putting chips on the shelves. He nodded ," Well in my opinion he's just trying to keep you from the outside world. He figures you're too pure. I have this bos- I mean friend. He's a really strict guy I've never even seen his face cause he always wears those weird face masks. But anyways, he has this brother. As far as I know only two of us in this group of "friends" knows who his brother is. The strict friend of mine has those two watch him all the time it's really weird. You're probably going through the same thing," he said as he counted the money in the cash register. I nodded, yeah that guy sounds just like my brother. Heck they could be besties. Suddenly I got a text.

To: Jimin
From: Hyung
Hey I've got to work a late shift so I won't be there after school. Are you home yet?

To: Hyung
From: Jimin
Nah I'm finishing my stuff I gotta do. I'll go home right after I promise.

To:Jimin
From: Hyung
Okay but hurry up I want you home before it gets dark

That was weird? The fro-yo place closes at like 3. Maybe he's working in the back. Either way I sighed in relief. I can stay late and make up some hours. "Hey Hobi hyung, can I stay late and get some extra hours I really need the money," I said practically begging. He looked at me and sighed, "Yeah I guess. But I have some friends who are coming over here for a... meeting I guess you can say. Don't cause any trouble they're kind of.... Intimidating." I nodded, "Is one of them that strict friend that always wears the face mask? Maybe I can hook him up with my overprotective brother," I said laughing. He giggled, "I wouldn't if I were you. He doesn't talk much. You're too pure for them so just stay quiet and work. I'll text the guys and say you're gonna stay and help out," he said getting his phone out. I nodded as a group of customers came in to get some snacks. I scanned the chips and candy and gave them their money back. I try to smile at every customer. My hyung always said that I have a nice smile and that when anyone sees it their day instantly gets brighter. I laughed at his stupidity. It still puzzled me that he had no friends. Maybe he's shy around others? Maybe he leads a double life? I laughed at the thought. Imagine my pretty princess hyung as some secret gangster or something. I started laughing out loud while customers looked at me as if I was crazy.

Hobi hyung quickly walked over to me. "Hey you can't run my business looking like this," he said straightening my name tag. I looked down at his arm and noticed something. That tattoo? Is this like an inside thing I don't know about? "Hey.....hyung. Can I ask you something?" I said eyeing him curiously. He looked at me puzzled, "Sure? What is it Jimin?"
I thought for a second. "That tattoo... where'd you get it? I swear everyone I've met had the same one," I muttered. He quickly hid his tattoo under his sleeve. "It's nothing Jimin. Just go stock the shelves my friends will be here any minute," he said ignoring my question. He went to his office and left me dumbfounded once again. Why won't anyone tell me anything? Now even Hobi is acting weird? Just when I started putting pieces together the bell went off alerting that a customer was here. I turned around and..... Everything came apart.