Chapter 9

Jin pov ~

I messed up, I messed up really bad. I had one chance and I blew it. "First of all, who was that?" Namjoon asked. I looked over at Jungkook who for some reason looked paler than normal.
"Maybe that's his girlfriend," Suga muttered. "No he's gay," I heard J-hope say. "Really?" He pretended to look surprised but a small smirk crept onto his face. I stared deeply into both their eyes as the other members looked at them surprised. J-hope looked around confused. "I figured everyone except Jungkook and Suga knew that? Didn't they?" He asked. "Well of course but you don't just say it like that," Namjoon whispered acting like I couldn't hear. I shook my head in annoyance. Jimin's sexuality wasn't exactly the topic people should be discussing right now. I worked with complete idiots honestly. To this day I wondered why Mom and Dad left me with these people out of all our other gang members around the city.

*flashback*

"Congratulations Jin I knew you could do it," my uncle said patting me on the back. "Yep. Only took me 7 years of training and missing time with my brother," I said sarcastically. "You never look at the bigger picture Jin. You are the LEADER of one of the biggest gangs in this country. You can have anything you want," my uncle said excitedly. I thought for a moment. "Anything?" I asked. He smiled already knowing what I was thinking. "You can get your brother into any university you want. Any public school. Any job. Anything he wants you can get him. We have people everywhere that will help you out." I nodded, "maybe this isn't too bad." His grin widened.

"Yep... we just have to assign you your members and you'll be the new leader of the Seoul Mafia," he said quickly. "Wait what was that middle part?" I asked. "I said yep," he said pretending to be confused. "no after that," I glared. "You'll be the new leader of the Seoul mafia?" He asked. I rolled my eyes. "What's this about having assigned members?" I asked folding my arms. He looked everywhere except my eyes which were even more intimidating when they were the only thing visible with the mask. "Well as you know the leader runs all of the gang's thousands of members. But they have to have 4 or 5 main members to run personal errands for them and protect them if they get attacked. They're like your body guards/ secretaries," he said trying to make it sound better. "Uncle. I don't need "members", I can protect myself. I don't need them," I said as he finally met my eyes. He sighed, "Jin this is mandatory. If you don't have members you aren't considered protected. These people won't trust you if you're not smart enough to have people to protect you. You have to," he said sternly. I rolled my eyes.

"You do realize that your mask covers you face not you eyes right? I can see you roll your eyes," he said. "Fine. Let's go," I said as he showed me the way. He led me down the main hallway to the door at the very end. Our building wasn't very big. We had to keep it lowkey so the cops wouldn't catch us. It looked run down on the outside but on the inside of this building it was very elaborate. When I was younger and stuck in training my uncle said all the doors on the side of the hallways were for the important gang people. They ran small groups of our members in certain parts of the city. And at the end of the hallway was the large door. Where my parents would sit and plan where to put people and what to do. I wasn't allowed in there until I was finally of age to become a leader. I was finally 20 today so I guess that meant today was the day I could finally go in there.

My uncle used the key to open to the door. To be honest the office was beautiful. It was painted a nice shade of gray and had a pretty nice desk with a  glass top. They had a few expensive leather couches and the computer had to of been at the very least $1,000. For the first time I actually felt like the leader. I sat in the leather computer chair as my uncle stood in front of the desk. "Pretty nice huh?" He smiled. I nodded, "for 7 years of waiting it's nice I suppose." He sighed, "nothing's ever good enough for you is it?" He asked. I shook my head.

He handed me a folder as people came in. "Who are these people?" I asked. They all looked relatively young, not too far from my age though. "They're your members. Here's their profiles I'll tell you about them as you read," he said handing me a folder. I quickly took out the 4 profiles as the "members" bowed to me. I read the first one out loud.

"Kim Namjoon," I said as a boy with Purple hair stepped up. He looked pretty mature but the purple hair and dimples made him look like some neighborhood kid. "Kim Namjoon. Age 19. IQ of 148. Specialty: quick thinker, can come up with plans easily, very intimidating when angered," my uncle stated his profile as Namjoon bowed. I sighed, he didn't really look like anything special. His iq is impressive but why would he use it to be a gang member? He seemed more like an idiot to me. I nodded and flipped the page.

"Min Yoongi," I said as a jet black haired boy came forward. "Min Yoongi. Age 18. Specialty: Great hacker. Hard to spot and good at finding anything. He can get into any database at anytime," he said as Yoongi bowed. I sighed ignoring him as I flipped the page. He glared at me making me pause. " you got something to say?" I asked him. He sighed and stepped back. I rolled my eyes and read the next page.

"Jung Hoseok."  A boy with pinkish brown hair came forward and stared at the ground. "Jung Hoseok. Age 18. Specialty: great fighter. Trained in every martial arts imaginable," My uncle said proudly. I nodded, he sure didn't seem like it. He was too.... preppy. I turned to the last page.

"Kim Taehyung," I said staring at the last boy left. "Kim Taehyung. age 14. Specialty: Good sweet talker. Best at getting people off guard so others can sneak in," my uncle said a little embarassed. Didn't sound like anything I needed. I don't need some underage kid being the bait. The others had something but he.... was unnecessary. He's the same age as Jimin and I could never imagine putting Jimin around gang members. What parents would let their- "his father was a friend of your father," my uncle finished. No wonder. Horrible parents think alike I guess.

I stood up and looked at my uncle coldly. "These are the people you assign for me? A genius who thinks like an idiot. A cool guy wannabe with an attitude and no gumption despite his technology skills. A fighter with a stupid nickname like J-hope who probably still has stuffed animals, and a minor with absolutely no talents? I'm better off surviving on my own," I laughed sitting back down. They stared at me hurt. "Whether you like it or not. These are the people you're stuck with until the day you resign," he said.

*end of flashback*

Man he was right. I've been stuck with these people since my 20th birthday. 4 long years with these idiots and they still havnt changed. And I still havnt needed any of them. All I need is to comfort my brother right now. If he didn't hate me before he came back he definitely hates me now. Jimin is maturing but he hasn't really changed one bit. I seem to be the one becoming more and more like my parents each day.

: A/n guys Jungkook isn't in the flashback here because he's a new member so don't think I forgot about him 😂