Chapter 7

Jin pov

I didn't know whether to chase after him or leave him alone. I have no clue what I'd do if he hated me. Is he going to come back? If I would of just been more secretive. Wait. What was Jimin doing here in the first place. "Jhope.... get over here," I muttered. He ran over. "Yes boss," he said looking at the ground in fear. I tilted my head to the side ," What was my brother doing here?" I was too mad to even yell. "Well.... he's been working here for a few months. He asked to stay overtime like I told you in the group chat. I had no idea he was your brother I promise," he whispered. I closed my eyes and thought for a few minutes.

I saw footsteps come up beside me. "Wowwww he's even hotter without the mask." My eyes snapped open as I glared at Namjoon. "Now's not the time to be calling the boss hot Namjoon," Yoongi said. My eyes moved over to Tae who looked devastated as he stood against the counter. "What did he say Taehyung?" I asked ignoring everyone else's comments. "He said he didn't want to be lied to anymore and he didn't know who truly cared about him and who didnt. He said me and you are liars. He said don't follow him and don't bother him," he whispered the last part as a tear fell from his eyes. I nodded ignoring his tears. Only Jimin was allowed to cry in my eyes. Crying meant sadness and I can't feel any sadness in front of my members. Instead I expressed being upset the only way I could. I kicked my foot angrily into the shelf beside me as everything fell off of it. The members jumped back not wanting to get caught in the middle of my episode.

I didn't know who or what I was mad at. Jimin had a right to be upset. It wasn't the members fault for my stupidity. Jhope didn't know Jimin was my brother. I was the only one that could've prevented this from happening. In other words, the only person I had to be mad at was myself. I'm the one that lied to him. I've been lying to him his entire life. I could've told him everything. I could've told him our parents were Mafia leaders. I could've told him our parents didn't die in a car crash. I could've told him our parents got shot being stupid and not getting a real job. I could've told him I didn't want to be a leader in the first place. I could've told him I did this to protect him because he was the only thing that kept me going all these years. There's a lot of things I could've told him. But I didn't. And now he's never going to trust me again. This is my fault. Just like it was all those years ago.

*flashback*

"Hyungggg why do you get all the good Christmas toys and I get cheap things from the dollar store," Jimin whined but I knew he was still happy with them. I smiled at him," because they're saving up to get you something really special. Much more special than all of my gifts." His eyes brightened up. "ooh really? For me? Why don't you get this special present too hyung?" He asked. "Because I'm not as good or as smart as you are Jiminie. I get okay presents but mom and dad think you're the star of this house," I said. It hurt to lie to him. I wish my parents felt that way. They focus more on our age compared to our skill. I'm the oldest I'd run the business. Jimin was younger, so he was a nothing. But that was so far from the truth. He was so smart, so funny, so caring. He focused more on others than himself. "Hyung why are you staring at me like that?" He asked. I shook myself out of my thoughts. "Because you look adorable playing with your toys," I said. He pouted, "when is mom and dad going to come back?" He wondered. I sighed ," I don't know Jimin. Probably soon. They said they'd be back today." Jimin smiled, "I can't wait to see them and thank them for their gifts." I nodded, how Jimin could be so happy over such cheap things that would break in a day amazed me. I had no clue what I was going to get him for his "big surprise", there was nothing he ever asked for. He was always happy with what he had. "Jimin-ah what do you think this special gift is gonna be?" I asked hoping to get an idea. "I don't know hyung. I just want something that can make a lot of people happy. Maybe music? I know listening to music always makes me happy. But honestly hyung if I could have anything in the world it would be to make you happy," he said looking at the floor. I grinned and hugged him, "You already make me happy Jimin. Just keep going to school and smiling and I'll always be proud of you." His smile widened. "Really?" He asked. I nodded as I heard a knock on the door. "Is that mom and dad?" Jimin squealed. I shrugged my shoulders, "Maybe." I unlocked the door and cracked it open so only I could see who it was. It was a man in a black suit. "Who are you?" I glared. "Are you Kim Seokjin?" He asked. "Who's wondering?" I muttered. "As you know your parents went to a "meeting" with another gang. It seems there was a ... argument. I'm sorry to say this but your parents aren't coming back," he said with sadness in his eyes. I looked down at the ground, "what happened?" I whispered finally. "The other leader disagreed over who would get what land. He shot both your parents. It seems you'll have to take over the gang," he said changing back to a business point of view. I looked up at him, "what happened to the other leader?" I asked. "He got shot by another member of our gang," he said obviously annoyed by so many questions. I thought for a second. "If he's dead than there's no reason I need to become leader," I said angrily as I slammed the door in his face. I turned towards Jimin who had a worried look on his face. "Is everything alright hyung?" He wondered. "Jiminie.... our parents.... won't be coming back," I said holding back tears. I wasn't crying because they were dead, I was crying because I had to watch as all the happiness drained from poor Jimin's eyes. His eyes swelled up with tears until he couldn't hold them back. He started sobbing as I ran to hug him. "W-w-what... happened?" He was crying so hard it was hard for him to breath. I thought to myself. "They.... got into an accident on the way home. The impact hit them too hard. I'm so sorry Jimin," I whispered in his ears...

I held onto him for the rest of the night. That was when the lying started. And I havnt been able to stop since then. Everyday it was a new lie. Where I was going, what I was doing. I was the mistake not Jimin. My parents believed in me but Jimin was the true strong one. I didn't blame him if he hated me, I'd hate me too.