Chapter 5

Jin pov~

I smiled as I watched Jiminie go out the door to his classes. After everything that's happened, Jimin is the only reason I still feel happiness. He's the only one I know how to feel emotions for. Everyone else were just simply pawns for me to place perfectly. It sucked putting up this mask in front of Jimin. I wish he knew the real me. Nobody does. Jimin sees me as his sweet hyung. The members see me as their terrifying boss that could drop them at any moment. To be honest even I don't know what parts of me are just coverups or what parts are real. I wear the mask as a mafia boss but yet the biggest mask I have covering myself up is right in front of my brother. But he's all I have left. I have no friends, no family. I have members but I don't care about them. I care about two things, protecting Jimin and making sure I do what my horrible parents couldn't.

I was 12 when we lost our parents. Jimin was only 8 and barely understood what was going on. My parents always treated me better than Jimin. They knew one day I'd become the Mafia boss. Jimin was a mistake in my parents eyes. They didn't mean to have him they just weren't careful enough. Jimin never got the new toys or the hugs. He was always treated like he was invisible. When I lost them of course I was sad. But I knew even I could do a better job raising Jimin. My uncle paid the rent for our apartment but other than that it was just me and Jimin. In exchange for rent I had to promise my uncle that as soon as I turned 18 I would take over as Mafia boss. I didn't know what else to do so of course I agreed. I raised Jimin the best I could all the while practicing to be a great leader.

Jimin was and still is my everything. I raised him to study hard and do well at everything. I know he hates how much I watch him. How Taehyung and Namjoon watch him also. He feels like I don't trust him enough to be by himself. It's not like that at all. It's because of things like yesterday. My worst fear is having my Mafia life and Jimin's normal life intertwine. I can't let Jimin feel that betrayal. I can't let Jimin be hurt either physically or mentally.

If I was strong enough I'd beat Jungkook to a bloody pulp for threatening Jimin. But, for some reason I can never hurt people Jimin's age. I can never hurt Taehyung because of how well him and Jimin get along. I never had friends in school because the Mafia never let me have any. I didn't want that for Jimin. He was shy and nerdy so of course I might've forced Taehyung to be friends with him. But eventually Taehyung started loving being Jimin's friend too. I was gonna keep it like that where nobody else knew of Jimin but then I realized I'm always making Taehyung do various assignments instead of actually going to the classes. Heck I had to threaten the school just to get Taehyung accepted. That's when I learned Namjoon had a degree in education. I aslo forced the school to give Namjoon a job using various forces. Right now only those two know who my brother is. I intended to keep it that way. But after last night, I don't know what I'm gonna do about that.

I decided to have a meeting at J-hope's gas station. I texted all the members as soon as I was on break.

From Boss to: members only

Boss: Meeting today at 7 pm J-hope's place

Suga: Is this about Jungkook's initiation?

Boss: Yes

Jungkook: Uhm did I fail?

Boss: We'll talk about this at 7

Suga: Somebody's in big trouble 😏

J-hope: Hey one of my workers needs some extra hours I figure we can have the meeting in my office while he finishes stocking and stuff? That alright boss?

Boss: Whatever as long as he doesn't know anything

J-hope: alright sir

Namjoon: The boss is mad this is gonna be bad

I sighed muting the chat. I went over to text Jimin saying I'd be a few hours late. I wondered what he meant whenever he said "stuff to do." I don't know what it is but I figure it's okay to have one secret considering all of mine. As long as it didn't get him in trouble. I went to the locker room and changed my clothes into a black t shirt and jeans. I put a mask over my face as I took the bus to Taehyung's house. Jimin and Taehyung have been friends for years so he knows the most about me. He knows not to say anything or die. He probably knows my name by now. Also where I work. But he still hasn't seen my face. If he tells anybody any of that information I will get rid of him myself.

The black van was already parked in front as I hopped into the passenger seat. Namjoon drove while the back four seats went in order of age. Since J-hope wasn't here it went Yoongi, Taehyung, Jungkook. I stared at the road while Namjoon drove quietly. "Boss... am I in trouble?" Jungkook asked. I said nothing. He was trying to poke the bear wasn't he? "Ooh dude that's bad," Yoongi muttered.

He never talked unless it was to make fun of other's misfortunes. I laid my head against the chair until finally the van came to a stop at the gas station. I got out swiftly while the others stood behind me. I sighed as I pushed open the doors. Suddenly I came face to face with my worst nightmare. Park Jimin.