Did You? Part 2 (Aaron Rodgers)

It's been three months since Aaron and I broke up, judging by the pictures I've seen of him, he's doing fine. Me on the other hand, I'm a mess. I've only left my apartment for work and groceries, while Aaron's been running around town with his new girlfriend. I've been trying to pick up the pieces of my broken heart. I haven't done so well. It really isn't fair. You can have someone in your life who you think loves you and will be with you for years, then you wake up one day and they're gone. The reality of how little someone you love cares about you isn't easy to accept. I'm trying not to let Aaron get to me, but it's hard, much harder than I think it should be. I love Aaron I really do and I thought he felt the same way about me, but apparently I was wrong.

I switched on the TV to try and distract myself from Aaron. As I was flipping through the channels I saw Aaron doing an interview. I knew I shouldn't watch, it was only going to hurt me more, but I couldn't stop myself.

"I want to ask you about your new girlfriend, Olivia. How did you guys meet?" The interviewer asked Aaron.

"I'm actually not with her anymore, we broke up last week." Aaron said.

I sat up listening closely to what was being said. A million thoughts running through my head. Why did they break up? Who broke up with who? I know I shouldn't care, but I can't help it. I love Aaron.

"I'm so sorry Aaron, I didn't know. I don't want to pry, but there are many people out there who I know, want to know what happened." The interview said, leaning towards Aaron and smiling.

"I realized that I made a mistake. I don't really want to talk about it, but I can tell you that the grass isn't always greener on the other side." Aaron said with a sad look on his face.

"Aaron thank you for joining us." The interviewer said. I turned off the TV feeling happier than I knew I should. I couldn't help hoping that Aaron was talking about me when said that "the grass isn't greener on the other side." I know that if I let myself get my hopes up I'll just get hurt again, but I can't help it.

My phone dinged, signaling that I had a text. I picked up my phone to see who was disrupting my daydream about Aaron.

Aaron had texted me, "Hey, can I come over so we can talk?" I couldn't believe it. I hadn't dared to hope that Aaron would actually contact me, even though I hoped he still cared about me.

"Sure. When are you free?" I texted back, hoping that Aaron really did want to meet up with me and hadn't texted me on accident.

"I'm free now." Aaron replied as soon as my text sent.

"Okay come over whenever you want." I replied.

My doorbell rang as soon as my text sent. That couldn't be Aaron, there's no way he could get here so fast. I walked to the door and opened it. I was slightly annoyed that someone was interrupting the little time I had to get ready before Aaron arrived. I opened the door and couldn't believe who was standing there.

"Hey Y/n." Aaron said, with a small smile.

"How did you get here so fast?" I asked, not really believing my eyes.

"I may have texted you about coming over while I was standing outside your door. I'm really glad that you agreed to see me, it would have been kind of awkward if I was here anyway." Aaron laughed. "can I come in?" Aaron asked, when I just stood there staring at him.

"Yeah, of course." I said, stepping back to let Aaron into my apartment. Aaron sat down on my couch and looked at as I sat down next to him. I couldn't believe that Aaron had just walked into my apartment after three months of radio silence. Half of me was angry that he hadn't reached until now, while the other half was glad that he still wanted to see me.

"Y/n, I'm sorry, I should have texted you sooner. I was scared that you wouldn't want to see me. That's why I didn't text you until I was outside your door. Please just let me finish talking and then you can say whatever you want to me." I nodded. Aaron smiled and shook his head at me for some reason. "First, I want to say that I'm sorry. I never should have cheated on you. I should have talked to you and shown you the respect that you deserve. Secondly, I want you to know that I made a huge mistake. I never should have left you. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me and I didn't show you that. And, thirdly, I know I don't deserve this, but I want to give us a second chance. I'm begging you to take me back." Aaron stared at me with tears in his eyes, silently asking for a second chance.

"Aaron, I don't know what to say." I said as a tear slid down my cheek.

"Oh no, Y/n I didn't mean to make you cry. Please I don't want to hurt you." Aaron said, his tears falling.

"Aaron, you really hurt me, I don't know when I'll be able to trust you again. I wan to give us another chance, but I'm going to need some time." I said, wiping my tears away.

"Take all the time you need. I'll be here whenever you're ready." Aaron said, smiling through his tears. He reached out to hold my hand and rubbed his thumb across my knuckles. I gently squeezed Aaron's hand and he looked relieved that I hadn't pulled away. He looked at me as if asking for permission for something. He leaned forward and kissed me. Aaron pulled away quickly probably thinking that he had overstepped. I smiled at him before kissing him. Aaron seemed slightly surprised, but kissed me back.

"I'm glad you came here tonight." I said, smiling at Aaron as I sat on his lap.

"I'm glad you're giving me another chance." Aaron said, as he kissed my cheek.

I'm sorry this took so long, but I'm back and I'm going to try to finish requests and be more active.