First Day(maybe) of School

"Notice how we'll probably be the shortest kids here," commented Kris as she jumped of the third step of the bus. I calmly walked down beside her.

"What makes you say that?" I asked looking down to fix my blazer. I could hear her run a hand through her hair as I flattened my jacket.

"Well I'm guessing that you too, are about to turn 13, putting us both in the 8th hear class," she said still looking at her watch. I sighed and looked up. My breath hitched as I saw the school.

It was a mix of modern and old designs. The walkway in front of us was a smooth, creamy white that went up to two big polished oaken doors in the front. On each side of the walkway were big, white, Greek columns. The fact that I knew they were Greek freaked me out a bit, but the beauty was just...magnificent. They were the same kind of white as the walkway, but as the sunlight hit each column, they all seemed to glow. Between each column was just one palm tree that was surrounded by brilliant flower bushes that were bordered by stone, which the kids used as benches. The building in front was about the size of a regular public elementary school, and was made out of white marble that had a glass roof that seemed to be held up by the columns in the front. The bottom quarter of the building was made of bricks, giving it a hommy look. The rest of the building was covered in glass windows, leaving the two flags in the front. One was a regular American flag while the other was blue - the color of our blazers - with the school emblem on it. That was just one of the buildings. I could here Kris inhale sharply as she studied the school's features.

"Hello little children! My name is Jake Nosh, and I'll be your big brother today! I am supposed to get two, so seeing as you two already seem to be good friends, I'll take you guys!" a broad voice said walking up to us. It was a tall guy, with blonde hair and brown eyes, wearing the same uniform as us except with two arm patches. One said "Secretary Officer" while the other said "Honor's Senior". He seemed like a nice guy, but his cherry voice and the way he called us "kids" ruined it. I could feel Kris flinch beside me when Jake called himself our "big brother". I put a hand on her shoulder and she began to calm down at the touch. Jake clapped his hands together.

"Well, let's get started shall we! There is no entrance ceremony for you 8th graders, since I'll be telling you everything you need to know," he said as he led us away. We kept walking through the school as he explained everything like how the beautiful old-fashioned building with oaken features was our dorms and lights out at 10, or how the cafeteria was the big glass building, but you didn't have to eat there, and how that main building we just saw is the most honored building in the whole school, but the only times we go in there are if we're seniors or it's our first day. Every other day means you're in bug trouble. He led us around the whole campus and I could see Kris's eyes sparkle when she saw the amphitheater, the music shop, and the Starbucks right next to it. We finally made it back to the front again where Jake said we'll be making our class schedule here.

"Come on now, once we're inside I'll direct you two to the office, but then I'll have to go," he said as he pushed us in. I gasped as I saw the inside. It was even more beautiful than outside. The white marble walls seemed to sparkle as the natural light coming from the windows shined down on them. There were hundreds of doors, light oaken ones that had golden numbers on them. By each door was a different kind of flower, growing healthily in the clear pot. The floor was made of class excepts for the pebbles that were smoothed down into a line that seemed to go on every direction. I was completely in awe till Jake started to push us forward again, Kris and I both flinching at the touch. I looked curiously at her but she just mouthed the word bruise as she began to follow Jake who had started walking in front of us. We kept walking, me trying to remember the name of each flower I saw, thinking of Persephone. By orchid, Jake suddenly stopped in front of dozens of desks, which seemed to occupy the whole back of the building, There were at least two kids and a waiting line at each desk, but suddenly Jake seemed to find an empty one as she pushed Kris and I all the way there. He muttered a quick good-bye before running off the join a group of kids with the same patches on their arms. We turned around to look at the person sitting at the desk.