Feelings Begin to Shine -for Once-

Nico's Pov.

I sighed as I leaned forward on the black horse.

Are you alright master?

I groaned slightly as I rubbed its mane.

"I will be once you stop calling me master," I murmured as the horse snorted.

Nonsense, master, you are only tired. Sleep, I will make sure that Pallore Mortis over there doesn't let the little miss fall off his back.

I sighed once more as I snuggled up against its mane.

"You sure?" I murmured as the horse slowed down a bit.

Yes, I'll wake you once we reach our destination.

I slowly nodded before drifting off into a deep sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I do hope they'll make it there alright," Persephone sighed as Hades grunted.

"He has two of the best horses. My son better not loose them," he muttered as Persephone rolled her eyes.

"You're just afraid they'll be attacked while they're sleeping," she said as Hades stood up and paced around.

"That's the point! He should not even be asleep with all those monsters around!" he yelled as Persephone laughed.

"Oh just sit down and relax! I'm sure they'll be fine," she said as Hades sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"Yes, yes you're right," he said under his breath as he sat down on his throne. Content, Persephone turned back to the image of a sleeping Kris and Nico on two horses. She smiled warmly as she looked at Nico's small frame.

"You know, I never noticed, but he is so much like you, but more with your good heart," she said quietly as Hades closed his eyes.

                                                   "That's exactly what I'm afraid of."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nico's Pov.

"Master, we are near"

With a yawn, I stretched before slightly turning to look at Kris. Her mouth was slightly open as she breathed, her hair falling across her face as she slept on her horse's black mane. Her tights and blazer were still burnt from yesterday's attack, but she looked calm as her new horse trotted along.

"Well? Wake her up now Mortis!" my horse said, slightly annoyed as the other horse turned its head.

"Hey! Wake up now little miss!"  the young horse said as he jumped over a log. With a laugh, Kris woke up, rubbing its mane as the horse gained speed.

"That young un-experienced" my horse started as it sped off, "How could a horse like that even be approved by Lord Hades!"

I laughed as my horse rambled on, catching up with Mortis, who was happily jumping now and then, causing Kris to cheer.

"They're so amazing!" she breathed as my horse began bickering with Mortis.

"I know," I replied as she rolled her eyes. Slowly, our horses moved side by side, allowing Kris to nudge me.

"Never knew your dad was fond of horses," she teased as a grinned.

"Neither did I," I chuckled as Kris laughed.

"Did you find out its name?" she asked as the horse neighed.

"Why its Obscurum Eques! For Dark Knight!"  Eques stated proudly while Mortis snorted.