22. Good luck, Justin!

Song for the chapter:

We the kings - Sad song

---

"Hello, Malika." A deep, husky voice that I knew to pain spread around almost like an echo, even though we were out and scientifically speaking, this was not possible.

I took a deep breath and lifted my head and my eyes met Justin's, who I  swear that right now  were spewing fireballs at me.

We continued to look that way for several minutes until Jason shifted in my hands and made me look away from Justin. I shook my head and took a deep breath again, trying to form a sentence in my head, but it seems I lost wits. My eyes fell on the bag that Pattie was holding in her left hand, which previously  I hadn't noticed.

"Are these Jason's clothes?" I asked her, but not waiting for an answer and grabbed the bag from her, then turned my back on them and headed towards the car, clutching Jason firmly in my hands.

"Mom, where are we going?" Asked my son.

"I'll tell you later, honey." I whispered.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?!" I heard Justin's voice behind me as I opened the back door of the car to  put  Jason inside.

I didn't answer him, I had no desire to do it. I had to assume that he can be here and he might told Pattie about what happened. Over the past two months they both had became a lot more closer.

"For fucks sake, stop!" He took my hand in which I sharply pulled away.

"Don't touch me!" I screamed in his face. "Don't you dare!" Then I got in the car  the fastest way, cranked up the engine and drove off. I wanted the fastest possible way to get out of there.

Through the time while I was traveling, I tried to calm down because I really didn't want to take it out on Jason, who didn't stop asking where we were going and why his father didn't come with us. I had no strength to answer, and frankly didn't know what.

"I'll explain everything, but a little later, honey." I tried to tell him as calmly as I could, because the nerves in me didn't cease to rage.

Somewhere halfway to the house where Maybelline lived, I noticed quite familiar car that drove right behind us. It took me no more than two minutes and a few glances  to the number of the car to find out it was Justin.

"Shit!" I swore quietly and pressed the accelerator, trying to evade him, but couldn't.

Justin's POV:

I drove as close as I could behind Malika and a few times I blinked at her so she can pull over, but she never did.

"Damn it" I swore hitting the wheel. 

After 30 mins spent in chasing around the streets, Malika parked in front of an unfamiliar house. I kept driving and parked behind her, jumping out of the car so I could catch up with her before she ran away again.

"Malika!" I called out her name, catching the attention of a passing couple that was on the other side of the road. "Stop!"

Of course, she didn't listen to me and that made me even more angry than I already was. I cursed again and ran to her car, where she was helping Jason out. 

"Malika.." I called her name again, when I got closer to her. My voice was more raspy than earlier. I tried to touch her hand, but she pulled away and glared at me.

"Not in front of the kid" she hissed.

"You've already done enough in front of him." I reminded her, and she glared at me with cold eyes and she repeated her words again.