Chapter 7 - The nightmare begins when you sleep or wake

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 7 - The nightmare begins when you sleep or wake

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mace's POV - 

I woke up in the morning feeling the ache everywhere around my body. I opened my eyes but it burned as the sunlight was directly shining on me from the window. I sat up straight and looked around the room. The walls were rotting away, moss growing at the corners of the wall, floors looking like they were about to break.

I tried moving moving my arms but it felt like weights were weighing down on them. I inspected my body but they mostly bruises and some cuts that started to heal, closing slowly. 'Weird... my body can do that?'

Never seen my body do anything like. I used my strength to lift my right and touch the cuts that were already healed. It felt tender to touch and slightly painful. The scar is still there but faint, slowly disappearing.

My clothes were tattered and jeans covered in mud. I still don't know where I am but I can see a lake outside the window.

I quickly turned my head to the stairs as I heard footstep approaching.

"Camille" I said sourly.

"Just say the words, and you have to stay away forever" she said and smiled.

"Is it 'fuck you'?" I said. "Oh wait. I don't want your sagging vagina" I chuckled at the image in my head. 'What's happening to me.. this isn't me...'

She slapped my face as hard as she can and the room echoed the sound for a second.

"Tsk. Tsk" she sounded out. "It's such a waste ruining such a beautiful face" she caressed my cheek.

I whimpered at her touch. The tender feeling on my cheek from her sleep stung. I jerked back from her touch and she smiled at me. She trailed her eyes at my body through torn fabric inspecting the healed scars.

"Tell me Mace, what are you?" she asked. I looked at her confusingly.

"W-what are you talking about?" I said. She slapped me again with the same force as the first.

I bit my tongue as my other cheek burned from the slap and a tear slides down.

"Don't avoid the question, Mace. I know werewolves heal faster than you but I know for a fact you heal faster than a regular human" she sneered. "Tell me, what are you?"

I kept my mouth shut not knowing what to say.

"You got until tonight. If not, then we're gonna play a game I like to play" she smiled and started walking away.

'Xav... help me...' I cried silently. 'I don't know what to do...'

I cried and cried until I fell asleep hoping for dreamless night yet I knew there was something waiting for me... 'Find me near the lake... please...'

[Dreaming...]

"Xavier, Xavier, Xavier..." a shadow said. I stared at Xavier who's chained to the wall, helpless and tired. I tried shouting his name yet none came out. I tried moving my arms and legs but my limbs were chained to the pole.

The shadow turned his attention towards me and gave me a devilish smile. "Don't touch him!" Xavier yelled. He started to shift, eyes glowing red and fur growing in places but it seemed like he couldn't completely shift.