I - Romeo and Juliet.

I LAY STILL AS THE EERIE silence stretched, then I heard a voice speak, "O my love, my wife!" it exclaimed

"Death hath taken thy breath, yet it had no power upon thy beauty. Crimson is in thy lips and cheeks." I lay still unmoving as the owner of the voice continued. "I will stay with thee, and never depart again. Here, here will I remain. Come, bitter poison. Here's to my love." A sound of a bottle cork being removed off a bottle and then followed by loud gulps is heard, yet I lay still, unmoving.

"O true apothecary, thy drugs are quick! With a kiss I die." Continued the voice followed by a thud. I lay still then slowly as if out of trace open my eyes, looking around.

There seem to be two bodies lying around me, my eyes quickly move to my right, as if sensing the presence from somewhere deep within me.

There I see a boy lying sprawled out beside my body; I look around him frantically, running my hands over his body, desperately trying to search for any injury, when my eyes move to a bottle lying in his hand.

"What's here? A cup closed in my true love's hand?" I say slowly as I reached forward and grabbed a hold of the bottle in his hand. "Poison hath been his timeless end." I turn the bottle upside down, shaking it. "He has drunk all, and left no friendly drop to help me after." I say softly, sadness creeping its way into my voice. "Then I'll be brief." I speak as the sadness quickly turns into determination; I look around and find a dagger attached to the boy and pull it out as it was attached to his belt, holding it in my hand, bringing it close. "O happy dagger, this is thy sheath! There rust, and let me die." I speak as I move the dagger away and stab myself in my stomach.

My eyes widened and my breathe hitches as I slowly start swaying then as if losing any control over my body I drop on the floor, my bloodied palm up as I fall over my lover's body, dying along with him.

It's still, quiet, followed by a few soft sniffles then, a clap, then that clap is joined by some more claps and soon it turned into an applaud, followed by hoots of appreciation, as the curtains slowly close, followed by the narrator reciting her lines.

I quickly stand up from my position, letting the boy under me, a dark haired, brown-eyed boy to move and stand up properly, Jake. We give each other a triumph smile as we quickly make our way backstage to let the student set up the stage for the next and last scene.

Confused? Well my name is Juliet Emmanuel -quite literally- and the scene that just played was my theater performance that I just did in front of hundreds of people.

Jake and I hug each other tightly, as we come to terms to how great that scene was. It was by far one of our best performances.