Chapter 2: I don't know about this

I grab his hand and he gently pulls me to him.

"I know it will be okay." He says with his natural sweet voice. 

"I don't know about this Zane." I tell him scared.

"Zane!" Another voice calls.

"There you are. Oh who's this?" A young boy around the same age with brown crazy hair and gold eyes.

"Ummmm." I say shakily.

Zane steps in front of me.

"Kai this is Emeris, Emeris this is Kai." He introduces us.

"Hi............................." I choke out.

"Hey. You look oddly familiar. Do I know you?" Kai asks me with his head cocked to one side.

"Umm no......  I'm new here in Ninjago." I tell him turning my face slightly to the right.

"Wheres the others?" Zane asks

"Others?" I question and then two ninjas come out of the bushes. A boy with auburn hair and blue eyes and a boy with black hair and brown eyes.

"Cole, Jay this is Emeris. Emeris this is Cole and Jay." He says first pointing to the black ninja and then the blue one.

"Hey aren't you......" Cole trails off

"No you must be mistaken..." I tell him with a straight face

"Thats not important right now we need to get to the next blade." Jay says

"The fang blades? Aren't the serpentine after the third one?..." I ask pretending like I just found out.

"How do you know about the fang blades?" Kai asks me suspisously... He is really getting on my nerves about this.

"Word got out about the serpentine and the fang blades.." I say calmly.

"Hey Kai......... Can she come with us to help us get the fang blades...." Zane asks, "We need extra help we can really use it..." he encourages...

"Hmmm....." Kai says "What would your parents think?" He trys to get me to say no but my response is final.

"I'm an orphan I have been on my own since I was a child...... I would love to help and keep things tidy..." I say acting as innocent as possible.................