The beating of two becomes one

Emeris P.O.V.

"What?!" Zane screams.

"Zane", I back away from Kai, "This is not what it looks like."

"Then what does it look like?!" He yells broken hearted.

"I was going to kick him away if he even tried to do that." I try to explain.

"You would of what?!" Kai asks glaring at me.

"Zane, just because he was touching my cheek and wiping my tears away doesn't mean I would let him kiss me." I explain.

I see a tear drip down his face and I begin to slowly move towards him.

He lifts his head as I read his eyes full of anger and pain.

I inch closer as his foot moves backwards.

"Zane, please..." I beg and relax to make it look like I had givin up.

I lunge forward and wrap my arms around his neck as tight as possible, not letting go.

"Zane", I whisper in his ear, "I love..... you too." I press my cheek against his.

I feel my heart beating faster and faster, making my whole body go weak.

I begin to fall in Zane's arms.

I slowly drift into a never ending darkness.......

I feel a small warm hand holding mine,rubbing my hand contentiously.

"Em?", I hear a gentle scratchy voice ask, "Can you hear me?" It asks.

I groan lightly and turn my head to feel the sharpest pain in my neck.

"Em, if you can hear me squeeze my hand once." The voice explains as the small hand tightens around mine.

I squeeze the hand once and force my lids to open. I blink five times until my vision is clear.

I see a familiar face that I have been longing for.

"Lloyd!" I yell with excitement.

I wrap my arms around his waist.

"I was so worried.", I sigh, "I will never leave you again." I hug him tighter.

"Em... Can't..... Breathe.." He says muffled.

"Oh sorry.." I let him go.

We hear a slight knock at the door and our heads turn to see Zane standing by the door, with a half smile.

My eyebrows crease in confusion.

"So how long was I out?" I ask throwing my hand to my forehead.

"A couple days." Zane explains as he sits on the end of the bed next to Lloyd.

"Wheres dad?" I ask Lloyd this time.

"I made him leave. He was tying to steal secrets." Lloyd explains as his head droops down.

"Lloyd...", I begin, "No matter what he says about the evil within him always, always, always tell him that there is good in him, because there is." I smile.

He lifts his head up to meet my gaze.

"Thanks sis." He hugs me.

"No problem, little bro." I hug him back.

"So.....?" Lloyd asks looking toward the ground.

"Yes..?" I respond.

"You and Zane, huh?" He looks up at us smirking.

"What?...... No..... It's..... No!.... Hold on...... It's not like that!....." Zane and I say at the same time.

"Now you both are talking in sync." Lloyd laughs.

"You think that is so funny. Don't you?" I ask him.

"Definitely!" He nods.

"Well this should be even more funny." I throw a pillow in his face.

"Hey!" He giggles and throws the pillow at Zane.

"Whoa!" Zane yells as he hits the ground with a thud.

"Zane!" I throw the blankets off me and look off the end of the bed.

"Oops.... Sorry Zane." Lloyd apologizes.

"Are you alright?" I ask Zane.

I begin to get out of my bed until Lloyd, of course, pushes me out of bed onto Zane.

I land right on top of him our faces a breath away.

"I'm sorry.", I begin,"I didn't mean..." Zane cuts me off with a kiss.

His lips moist, caressing but gentle. His breath cool and sweet. I feel the sparks fly as our lips move together. Our hands intertwined in each others hair. The passion grows stronger and stronger each moment. As the beating of two becomes one.

Lloyd clears his throat.

"Um... Guys... I'm still here..." He peeks.

I break the kiss carefully to ease my brothers mind.

"I'm so sorry...". I gasp, "I-I..." I stutter and race off in embarrassment. 

"Em.... Whats wrong?" Zane asks me trying to grab my hand but I move out of the way.

"This isn't right..." I try to wipe away my tears to make it look like I wasn't crying.

"How?" He asks confused.

"Forbidden.... This is too dangerous..." I sigh.

"But isn't it worth fighting for?" He asks me trying to make it all seem okay, but its not.

 "It is but........" I sigh looking down.

"But what?" He asks me trying to find hope.

"It's not worth loosing you......" I say as a tear drips down my face.

Zane walks in front of me and puts his face close to mine.

"We don't know unless we try." He whispers as he wipes away my tears with his gentle touch.

 "But what if you get hurt? What if something bad happens? What about training the Green Ninja? Please at least wait until all this is over...." I beg my eyes full of tears not being able to see.

Zane pulls me in close rapping his comforting arms tightly around me.

"Okay.", He finally agrees, "I will wait. I will wait until forever if I have to." He tells me kissing my forehead.

 "I bet you it won't be forever, just a little bit? Or at least until The Great Devourer is defeated." I sigh.

"It would still seem like forever." Zane explains.

"Forever it is." I smile.

"I'm gonna have Zane as a brother-in-law?" Lloyd asks shocked.

I jump back away from Zane and walk to Lloyd's direction. I stop a few feet away from him looking confused.

"Lloyd?!",I gasp, "You scared me... Please don't do that..." I relax.

"Answer my question!" Lloyd shouts.

"There is no need to shout.... I have no idea Lloyd..... Did Zane tell you something?" I ask staring him down.

I see Zane at the corner of my eye shake his head.

"Zane whats going on? What are you not telling me." I accuse.

"Don't give in Zane!" Jay yells and covers his mouth instantly.

"You know too?! Who else knows?! What is everyone not telling me?! Can someone just please tell me what is going on?!" I yell.

Everyone stays quiet and no ones speaks.

I am starting to get extremely irritated.

Zane begins to put his hand on my shoulder but I knock it away and begin to take off....

"Please Em...." Zane begs........