7-A Short Reunion

Days, probably weeks, and months, have passed and Kousei's school is hosting an international forum for musicians worldwide. He was very excited, for he thought musicians like him from Japan would come in as well.

Unfortunately, there was no Kaori anymore to attend. There was no more Kaori in which he could hear her sound, her playing, and her eccentric antics.

Passing through the hallways, he was not surprised to see Emi and Takeshi. They were, like him, great pianists. They were, unlike him, who believed on a great Arima Kousei.

"Hey there, Arima. Want some egg sandwiches?" Takeshi asked.

Kousei just peered at Takeshi.

"Mr. Arima, I would like to challenge you again. Remember, never stop fighting for that thing you wanted." Emi commented.

"Well, I have not the mood to talk to someone..." Kousei replied, fixing his disheveled glasses. "Please leave me alone..."

"Sensei!" Nagi's voice screeched, "I thought you won't meet me again!"

"Nagi?" Kousei asked, as if he did not know her. "What.. what do you need?"

"Thank you for teaching me, Mr. Arima... Even if you won't like me that way, please take this..."

Nagi handed Kousei a little box, and the pianist ran away.

"God... my little sister..." Takeshi remarked, "I wonder what's her motive..."

"Takeshi, that's some nice thing to know!"

"Eh?! She didn't tell you that?!" Takeshi surmised, "What in the world, Nagi!"

Kousei simply smiled at him.

---------

Tsubaki watched a live telecast of the forum during her practice session. She saw Kousei there, and she gasped upon seeing Kousei's latest face.

"Kousei... Now I know where to hunt you down!" Tsubaki told herself, "Someday, you will see me onstage, with the sound of the violin reverberating in the hall!"

"Tsuna-chan?" Nao said, observing Tsubaki leaning on the window.

"Nao?! Stop calling me like that!"

"You must be daydreaming again, Tsubaki... I bet you have watched the Musical Forum there on Warsaw, Poland... and now you are blushing..." Nao commented and handed Tsubaki a little mirror.

"GAAH!" Tsubaki exclaimed, "No, I'm not blushing because of Kousei! I... I feel so hot!"

"Duh, it's autumn! How could you find this climate tropical with only a plain t-shirt & jogging pants?"

"Shut up Nao!"

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah..." Tsubaki said, "I'll go practice."

"Sure, go, but I'd like to hear a new piece."

"Ah! I have practiced one... but it's a huge wrong timing if I play it!"

"Just play it."

"Ugh..."

---------

The forum had just ended. Kousei did not finish it, and he was noted by his classmates and other Japanese misicians for his walk-out. Following that, Miss Hiroko went out.

Kousei stood outside and cried for no apparent reason. Miss Hiroko was surprised, and was confused at the same time. What could she do?

"Kousei..." Miss Hiroko bent onto him. "What's wrong?"

"Why would they mention Kaori and Mother?"

"What's wrong with that?"

"You don't understand!" Kousei blurted out and ran away. In good timing, the Mr. Gibson passed along Miss Hiroko.

Hiroko looked at Mr. Gibson. He was really familiar, with brownish-tangerine hair and rimless glasses. Seeing Miss Hiroko, Mr. Gibson looked at her for seconds and he smiled.

Miss Hiroko did not smile back.

---------

"I have heard Vivaldi, Tsuna-chan!" Nao clapped after Tsubaki played the first movement of Four Seasons-Spring. "That was amazing. You seem to improve rapidly. Yet I cannot see the spirit of Kaori there, which I feel to be incomplete."

"Why should I imitate Master when I have my own style?"

"At least, Kaori will live on through your hands..."

Tsubaki grinned. "Alright, Nao... I guess that I should continue into this. Or else, I would regret losing it."

"Well, won't you regret having hair below the neck?"

"Of course, not."

The two went outside, and walked on the streets. Watari was there, and invited them into some game.

"Let's have some adventure, you two!"

Nao and Tsubaki nodded. The three went into the park, with piles of leaves, and Watari spilled leaves from atop them.

"Aah!" Nao and Tsubaki exclaimed.

"Ha! I got it! Let's play for sometime!"

"Okay..." Nao said, and while they played, Watari pulled Nao's ponytail. She did not notice it, and later Watari secretly took pictures of Nao.

Nao saw Watari. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"You're so fab with your look!"

"Damn you Watari!" Nao said, taking another ponytail feom her pocket. "Good thing I have extras."

---------

Mr. Gibson entered a room where Miss Hiroko was trying out a Stuart & Sons piano.

"Trills! Beethoven! Nothing more like a hammered up piano!" Mr. Gibson blatantly commented.

Miss Hiroko did not mind his familiar voice and his subtle insults.

"Here is Hiroko. She is obsessed with playing Beethoven all throughout her concerts. Isn't that nonsense?"

"Would you please shut up? I don't know you!" Hiroko snapped while playing the fourth movement of the Hammerklavier Sonata.

"Excuse me, Miss Hiroko. I am Sir Harold Gibson! I am one of the finest piano teachers here in the Chopin Institute of Music!"

"So, I know that's a lie. You're Mr. Seto Mitsuya!"

"Not anymore!"

Miss Hiroko gradually slammed the piano keys, making the sound of the trills roar and rumble.

"That's too loud! Don't bring a symphony here!"

"Well, Mr. Gibson as you like to be addressed, you should bear in mind that Beethoven is deaf, like how I can't hear your offensive comments."

"Why can't that idiot Hiroko talk about her beloved Koharu's needs instead of reciting Beethoven's biography?"

"Damn you!" Miss Hiroko said, slamming the final chords of the sonata. "You'll regret this!"