12-Apart From Years

One year later... after Tsubaki had developed her talents, she 'met' Kaori again.

"Hey... Is that Schumann's Traumerei?!"

Tsubaki looked around her. She saw Kaori playing the Traumerei using a Strad violin.

Kaori leapt to see Tsubaki, leaving the piece unfinished. "Hey, Tsubaki!"

"Yeah?"

"I hope there's some place where they could see your talent. I saw you, barely joining contests and practising over and over again."

"Kao-chan... the reason is that I wanted to pass the auditions Nao told me. Yet I don't know what the prize is..."

"Just do what you think is right. Until then, adieu..."

...

Yawn... Tsubaki woke up, refreshed. She was surprised to see Nao beside her, already dressed.

"Tsubaki, please move faster! Your mother is at downstairs... preparing your breakfast and whatever...!"

"OMG, it's the Auditions!" Tsubaki rammed from the stairs and jumped quickly.

"Tsuna-chan... here's breakfast..." Mrs. Sawabe prepared such a healthy meal; fish, milk, and bread along with several other spread.

---------

"Kousei, let's go now."

Mr. Seto reminded Kousei as he packed their bags.

"Remember to play Liszt even just once in your lifetime."

"Okay..." Kousei replied, breathing deeply.

The two went into the Academy. (Oh, I forgot to mention that they stayed in London from the past few days) Kousei saw a lo of aspiring musicians, some bringing instruments as heavy as basses and others light as flutes. He even saw someone playing the accordion, and one who is practising on her cello.

"Kousei... are you alright? Don't be intimidated at them, for you have such a great talent."

"What if I didn't make it?"

"I'm sure you would make it."

Mr. Seto told Kousei, and one of the audition committee called Kousei to come in the audition venue.

--------

"Tsubaki, whether you make it or not, just accept the outcome, okay?"

Mrs. Sawabe told Tsubaki, and Tsubaki noticed that Nao didn't come.

"Yeah, and I understand if Nao can't come."

"She's in the softball team."

"Wait, I'll call her."

...

"Hello?" Nao answered Tsubaki's call.

"Oh goodness... I still can't stop the beating of my heart while I see other candidates who seem to be better than I...

"Don't worry, Tsubaki, we've grown up. I guess, you'll be fine. Just do what's right."

"Okay." Tsubaki ended the call.

...

"Mom, I'll be going..." Tsubaki waved to her mom as she saw the other violinists entering the Cultural Hall.

"Sure, my dear Tsuna-chan..."

As Tsubaki passed by the hallway, some adult waved hello to her.

"Tsuna-chan! Wait, I'll give a little advice..."