Chapter 1

The Power of Love Ch. 1

"What did you do to her," Mycroft said carefully as Lestrade's men came and grabbed her.

The hospital's nurses soon came in as well checking her vitals.

"She just went into a coma sir," one nurse said, not directing it towards anyone.

"What. Did you do....to her," Mycroft repeated, ignoring the statement.

"You know Mycroft for once I didn't actually completely screw up....not this time that is."

"You saved her," Greg stated in shock.

"Once Moriarty told me of his plans I knew hers. She's pretty predictable."

"How would you know?"

She turned her head towards Sherlock for a moment.

"Excellent question. Since I've never met her nor have I seen you in years," she stated coldly.

After realizing he had a sister and promising to be there for her, he visited her at Sherinford on the daily. That is, until he met Charlotte.

His life became busier and busier until finally, his sister was at the back of his mind.

"You promised me Sherlock," she began, "and I could of killed her to uphold your promise you know."

Sherlock glared at her for a moment.

"But killing her would've killed you too and I couldn't have that," she smiled with her eyes wide, "so I went with the latter."

They soon escorted her out, leaving the four men, Mycroft, Sherlock, Greg, and Thomas, alone with Charlotte laying peacefully on her hospital bed, while her violin still remained on the ground.

***
"This can't be real," Charlotte said out loud.

"I'm sorry love but it is," Ms. Hudson said at the end of her hospital bed.

"I got shot in the head, survived, and you're telling me that my...."

"Yes, sweetheart I'm sorry. Sherlock and Thomas didn't survive."

"But Eliza she promised! She....She....," she suddenly started sobbing uncontrollably, unable to control her emotions.

The walls then started to shake, cracking at the sounds of her cries. She then closed her eyes for two seconds and reopened them, noticing everything had disappeared.

"Narrow it down," a voice stated, "Narrow it-"

"This isn't real! This can't be real! I know it isn't......This must be.....the coma," she then realized.

She then heard voices talking.

***

2 months later.

"You can't keep visiting her everyday Sherlock."

"I can and I will," Sherlock said rubbing his eyes.

"She's gone! Can't you see," Mycroft pointed to Charlotte's cold body, "but you are putting her through all this just so you can-"

"Get. Out."

"Sherlock-"

"GET OUT," he yelled throwing a vase at him.

***

"I'M NOT GONE," Charlotte yelled, "HELLO? CAN YOU HEAR ME?! I'M NOT-"

She covered her mouth for a moment, tears coming down her eyes.

She started going towards the white walls and knocking on them, hoping for an answer, for someone to hear her, but nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

She started throwing things, anything she could find, and still nothing.

She collapsed on the ground looking at the white ceiling above her head.

"I give up," she whispered, "just..just let me go please," she begged.

No response.

"CAN'T YOU HEAR ME? JUST LET ME GO SHERLOCK," she screamed, "j-just let me go papa," she cried.

***
Sherlock brought his violin, holding it firmly but also with grace.

A familiar voice in his head said, "play this one Papa."

He turned around to find no owner to the voice, only Charlotte's cold body hooked up on wires as she's always been.

***

"Don't give up," a voice stated, "it's not your time yet."

"What do I do then," she cried, "How do I get out of this hell hole?"

"Hum."

"What?!"

"Hum."

She then quickly had a flashback.

"Remember when I showed you Mary and John's wedding song?"

Charlotte nodded while a tear went down her face.

"Hum it," his voice echoed, "Hum it."

"HUM IT."

***

As Sherlock played the song that the voice recommended, he soon realized why it sounded so familiar.

The last time she came this close was when he told her to hum the same song.

He kept playing it while other members of the family soon came in.

It was her birthday today. She would be 19 today.

Suddenly Sherlock stopped playing for a moment and for once in his life, he listened.

He went closer to Charlotte's bed, closer and closer until finally his face was just inches apart from hers.

"NURSE," he yelled, "SHE'S HUMMING."