Chapter 11

I have been inactive lately due to the death of someone who was very close to my life. Right now, I'm spending time to be closer with loved ones so we can get through this together. Please be patient with me, sorry.

The Power of Love Ch. 11

The table was already set as Thomas knocked on the door to let him and Charlotte in.

"Left my keys in my room," he chuckled awkwardly.

She gave a small smile at him, her fingertips lightly tapping her side.

"You'll be fine. You know that don't you?"

Charlotte looked at him, her hand still tapping her side, "of course."

Finally Beverly opened the door, a wide smile on her face.

"EEEEEEE," she squealed, slightly pushing her son out of the way to hug Charlotte, "oh Charlotte I'm so happy you're here!"

Charlotte tensed up once again, unsure what to do as she felt the life being squeezed out of her.

"I think that's enough mum-"

"Nonsense," she squeezed her a little more before letting go and moving out of the way, "Come in! Come in!"

As they sat down, Charlotte examined the modern art, how it curved with the house walls. She followed it while following Beverly, seeing the view that was exactly how Sherlock described.

They finally sat in the dinning room, Thomas pulling a chair for her like a true gentleman.

"I hope you two don't mind plastic plates and cups," Beverly giggled awkwardly, looking embarrassed.

Charlotte rose an eyebrow slightly, surprised of the lack of fancy dining ware, but said nothing.

"It's fine mum," Thomas answered for her.

"I thought we'd start with some finger foods!"

Beverly stood up, coming back with a large plate of appetizers.

"Doesn't it smell wonderful?! Absolutely wonderful!"

They started eating quietly, chatting lightly about uni and other life projects.

"Oh! I forgot drinks!"

Beverly soon shot up, scurrying away to get drinks.

Suddenly an alarm went off. Charlotte rose an eyebrow, looking at Thomas.

"Something must be burning-"

Smoke soon came in.

"Thomas?! THOMAS-"

Charlotte widened her eyes, trying to cover her mouth and nose to breathe in air but it was too late.

As the smoke evaporated, Thomas and Charlotte leaned beside each other, still in their seats at the dinner table. Clearly unconscious, Beverly grinned, very pleased.

"Lovely."