Chapter 5

SURPRISE!!! Didn't think I'd come back did ya? Well here I am! Hope y'all enjoy! And of course, to all of those who read Power of Deduction and Power of Love, I want to let you know that I appreciate the support, even after all this time. 💕

The Power of Love Ch. 5

"Greg," she stated on the phone seriously.

"Yeah," he stated while having food in his mouth.

"Do a drugs bust at Bakers Street."

"I thought you-"

"For Sherlock."

"Oh god. It's for the case isn't it?"

"Probably," she sighed, "tell him while you're there that I'll solve it while he is watched. I can multitask."

"Uhhh Char....I don't think you should take this one."

"Why?"

"I....uh.....," he paused, "it involves your grandmother. And I don't mean Mummy Holmes."

Charlotte's breath hitched.

"She died recently in the same house you were....yeah. She uh....got stabbed."

"I don't think that'll be a problem," she muttered, "besides what's better than a good old fashioned family reunion?"

They soon hung up and Charlotte contacted Molly to watch him after the bust was done with.

"What about the case," Sherlock stated slowly.

"Charlotte's doing it. She got Greg to sign a form to give her more time on her work. Nothing to worry about except yourself," she said trying to sound cheerful, except deep down she was as upset at him as Charlotte was, but figured their was no point in reasoning with him.

"Nothing to worry about," he sighed, "she's going to her....," he paused.

"I thought you weren't my father," a voice stated.

Sherlock turned to see Charlotte at the doorway.

"I came for the file. Greg said you had it."

"I'm not apologizing for doing what I had to do for a case."

"You made a promise Sherlock and you broke it. Now where is the file?"

"Promises are meant to be broken."

"Where. Is. The. File?"

He slowly glided to the nearby table and glided back, handing her the file.

"I meant what I said," he admitted holding the file firmly.

"I know," she said trying to get it from his firm grip.

"You aren't my daughter."

"I know," she said trying to pull the file out of his hands, but he wasn't budging.

"I'm going to make some tea," Molly laughed awkwardly.

"Sit."

"Sherlock-"

"Clearly we have to have this chat so sit."

"I don't have time for-"

"Sit."

She sighed and sat in John's chair.

"You aren't my daughter," he said looking at the file, "you are something....undefined," he finished presenting her with the file.

"As in...?"

"You are a friend, a relative, a co-worker, a soldier, a-"

"So I'm your daughter?"

He blinked in surprise for a couple seconds, "No. You're more than that. You're family."

She then smiled as she walked out.

"Still not letting you leave."

He sighed in annoyance.