Thunder

The sound of lightning tore through the sky. You woke from your afternoon nap and rushed outside.

Lightning, around the ruins. You thought to yourself. Sorey and Mikleo are there!

You dashed toward the ruins. They've really done it this time! Even when we were children, I still had to save their asses.

You ran as fast as you could, the lightning only intensified. Such is the power of Gramps. You jumped down to where the mural is, and found a hole.

"Sorey! Mikleo!" You called. The deep hole mimicked your words as they echoed throughout the structure.

"Y/N!" Mikleo called back.

"Mikleo! Are you okay?"

"Yep! Not even a scratch." Sorey replied.

"If it weren't for me." You heard Mikleo say as he lightly punched Sorey's back.

"Stay there, I'll find another entrance!"

"No can do, these ruins go further underground!" Sorey said.

"What?? No fair! You have to wait for me!"

"You know how well Sorey and Patience go together." Mikleo said.

Sorey laughed.

"W-Well, I'll just have to join you later. See ya!" You waved goodbye.

"Bye!" The two waved in unison.

You stepped back a little and inspected the stone mural. It was a figure holding up a sword of some kind. That must be the Shepherd!

"Damn it, they beat me again." You mumbled.

You ran up the cliff face using your powers as a wind seraph. You wind rushed up until you got to the surface. You felt a little weak but you had to get to Sorey and Mikleo. You looked around for an alternate entrance.

You found a crumbling wall with a pearlescent orb dug into it. You moved your hand over it and the wall dissipated. You found a door to the ruins. You manually slid open the doors and dust fell upon you as you did so.

You ran down the stairs, to find Mikleo and Sorey conversing with a girl wearing peculiar clothes. Is that armor?

"She's human alright." Mikleo confirmed.

"S-She's... human..?" You muttered.

Mikleo heard you and turned to face you.

"Y/N." He spoke. "What took you so long?"

"S-Shut up!" You said, embarrassed.

"Sorey huh..." The human girl spoke. Her voice was soft and sounded soothing. "Do you have a place that I could stay?" She spoke to Sorey, ignoring you and Mikleo.

"She can't see us?" You asked.

"No, I checked just before you came in." Mikleo answered.

You stood in front of her and waved your hand in front of her face. She didn't react at all, as if you were invisible.

"It's just like what Gramps said." You mumbled...

Sorey and the girl continued their conversation.

"You can stay at my place." Sorey offered.

"Really?" The human girl's eyes looked a little less gloomy.

"Sorey! It's too dangerous." Mikleo said sternly.

"Don't worry, it's fine." Sorey said carefreely.

You laughed slightly.

"Don't worry Mikleo, besides, I'm sure that she's a good person." You said.

"Have it your way." Mikleo said while pouting.

"Are you mad? Mad-leo?"

"Shut up! That isn't even a good insult!"

"Yes it is!" You argued.

While you and Mikleo were bickering, Sorey and the girl were already walking up the stairs.

"C'mon guys." Sorey called out.

You and Mikleo caught up to Sorey.

"Gramps is really gonna let you have it this time." Mikleo told Sorey.

"I know, but still, I can't leave someone alone like that."

"Yeah, right. You only took her along because she looks hot." You teased.

"W-What!? No way! I wouldn't do that!"

"That actually makes sense." Mikleo thought out loud while holding his chin.

"Mikleo!" Sorey exclaimed.

"A-Are you okay?" The girl behind you asked in worry.

"Uh, yeah." You answered with a smile.

"She can't see you, numbskull." Mikleo said sharply as he hit the back of your head.

"Shut up! Moistball!" You retorted.

"What kind of insult is that?"

"Didn't you hear? It's a very common insult among humans, and it works too."

"As if you would know what humans are like, you're just trying to show off in front of the girl." Mikleo said smugly.

"But she can't even see me." You imitated Mikleo.

"Grr." Mikleo tensed up and clenched his fists.

Before you knew it you were already back at the prickleboar hunting grounds. The sun shone across the grassy pastures. You, Mikleo, Sorey and the girl walked past a few Elysian goats. Sorey and the girl were talking about the Celestial Record.

"So, what was in those ruins?" You asked Mikleo.

"It's a very vast ruin, and it has an invisible bridge too, probably from the Era of Mythology."

"Wow, that's amazing!"

"Yeah, but," Mikleo got serious all of a sudden, "there were hellions." he said with a stern look on his face.

"H-Hellions? But, you know what Gramps said!"

"I know, but we managed to fend them off and escape."

"Hellions... creatures which can only be quelled with the power of purification..." You said under your breath.

"They're just as fearsome as Gramps said." Mikleo said dreadfully.

"This is Elysia!" Sorey exclaimed.

"I'll go report to Gramps." Mikleo said as he walked past Sorey.

"Right." Sorey said decidedly.

"Have fun with that." You deadpanned.

"You're coming with me." Mikleo said while dragging you by the arm.

"W-What?? No way! Let me go!" You struggled out of Mikleo's grip and fell to the ground.

By this time, several Seraphim were gathered at the entrance, observing the human girl's actions. You laughed and quickly stood up, preparing to make a run for it.

"Seraphim! If you are here, please, heed my words!" The girl shouted. "The world as of now, is about to be... no... is enshrouded in darkness!" She placed all her will into every word. "To save everyone... we need your help! Please! Lend me your aid, respond to my pleas!!"

She stopped, and looked into what she thought was empty air but in reality, was several Seraphim crowded around her . The Seraphim looked at her in pity, some were even shaking their heads in disapproval and ostracism. They were thinking that she was just a human, and humans breed malevolence.

The girl's eyes glimmered with sadness. You and Mikleo could only stand and watch her desperation...