Ladylake

[20:40]
You woke up next to Alisha, who was reading a book. She felt the sheets move on their own and flinched a little. You held her hand so she could hear your voice.

"Don't worry. It's me." You said softly.

"O-Oh, you're awake," she smiled, "good morning."

"Is it really morning?"

"No, it's 9 at night."

"What's that you're reading?" You pointed to the book.

"The Celestial Record."

"Ah, no wonder, I thought that crest looked familiar."

Alisha shut the book, laid in your chest and closed her eyes.

"You have something important tomorrow." You spoke softly. "What was it, the Salmon Blur festival?"

Alisha giggled.

"No silly, it's the Sacred Blade festival, a ceremony that will be held to determine the shepherd."

"Wow, that's pretty important."

"I had to delay it even more. We had to delay it for several years due to the conflict with Rolance, the neighbouring land."

"You stayed back two weeks in Elysia to train."

"Yes. And I've indeed grown stronger. What worries me is that I may have to show the fruits of my training even sooner than I thought." Alisha held her hands to her chest.

"Don't worry, I've got your back." You offered a warm smile.

You wrapped your arms around her and pulled her closer. She revelled in your embrace.

"Y/N..." She said softly...

Sorey's POV
23:30
[Gate of Elysia]
"Let's go." I prompted.

"Yeah." Mikleo followed.

We walked along the track that led us to Aroundight Forest.

"You're sure about this, right?" Mikleo asked.

"Yeah. There's nothing that can stop me. We're gonna see Y/N!"

"Is that the only reason you're sneaking out?"

"No. I'm also gonna see what the Sacred Blade festival is all about. Alisha told me that the Shepherd is chosen there."

"The Shepherd huh?"

"Who do you think it'll be?" I asked.

"Hmm, it has to be someone strong and wise, like Gramps."

"Yeah, but it could be a girl, like Alisha. She's pretty strong right?"

"True, well, we can rule YOU out as a possibility."

"What!?"

"Well obviously someone like you can't be the Shepherd. You're weak and you're stubborn."

"I'll show you!" I pouted.