Identity

???'s POV
I could hear him. This Y/N that Sorey speaks of. I feel him looking right into my eyes. It was almost frightening.

"I am the one to grant it. I promise." He spoke softly.

I gasped for the thousandth time.

"I... I thank you." I said weakly.

"So you can hear me now?"

I nodded.

"Yes, I can feel you too. You're holding my hand." I answered.

"Oh? Then where am I touching right now?" The seraph questioned.

"My chest."

It's scary how he's so close to me without me seeing him. He might be after something else...

"So you can..." The seraph thought out loud.

I gulped.

"Don't worry, I'm not gonna do anything crude. Besides, I'm your guardian seraph, at least I think I am."

He thinks?

"Wait, wait. You can hear him?" Sorey questioned in shock.

"Indeed."

"Then does that mean you can hear my friend Mikleo?" Sorey pointed at an empty space next to my seraph, who was still holding my hand.

"N-Not really."

"Maybe if you try focusing hard on that space." My seraph suggested.

"Ok..."

I stared at the space next to my seraph. I could feel my peripheral vision sink into that one spot, until...

"I heard it!" I jumped.

"R-Really??" Sorey said in excitement. "What does he sound like?

"I don't know, It was only for a brief second, but I heard a little murmur, as if from a distance..."

"So you couldn't hear him clearly huh?" Sorey said in disappointment.

"I apologise."

"Don't. Besides, you can hear me right? Yes!!" My seraph suddenly cheered. I jumped.

He let go of my hand, and I was unable to hear him anymore...

Your POV
"Hey hey, what's the world below like?" You asked the girl in excitement.

But she ignored you. No, she was looking around for you. She couldn't hear you anymore?

Right, I lost focus, plus I let go of her hand.

"Can you still hear him?" Sorey asked.

"No, it's almost as if I forged the voice with my own mind."

"Don't worry, it's not your imagination. The seraphim are real, you understand now, right?"

"Yes, I believe in seraphim. I had a conversation with one, they have to be real." She convinced herself.