Conflict

"The two seraphim... are going to fight." Sorey said, as if he were in pain.

"H-Huh?" Alisha held her hands to her chest. "Why?"

"Y/N, your guardian seraph wants to leave with you, but Mikleo isn't letting him." Sorey explained.

"My seraph..."

"Mikleo... you know I'm stronger than you." You were in a fighting stance. You didn't use a weapon to fight, just your bare hands.

"I've gotten stronger than you think." Mikleo aimed his staff up at you.

The room stayed silent. The wood in the fireplace crackled...

You charged at Mikleo, trying for a right straight. He blocked it with his staff and unleashed a coil of water which blew you away.

You crashed through the wall.

"Bastard!!" You screamed.

"What was that!?" Alisha gasped.

"Stop it!" Sorey said.

"Surging currents..." Mikleo chanted.

He's going to use Twin Flow!

"In that case... Gale thorn..."

"The dust... are those where the seraphim are?" Alisha covered her mouth with her sleeve.

"Twin Flow!" Mikleo unleashed two torrents of water that acted almost like a drill.

"Wind Lance!" You threw a diamond-like spear at Mikleo.

The two projectiles collided creating an explosion of mana.

"I won't let you go!!" Mikleo shouted.

You quickly charged in before Mikleo could begin chanting.

"Take this!" You punched Mikleo's chin upward. "Regretful Thrust!" You kicked him three times and he plummeted toward the wall. "I'm not done yet!"

"Why you!" Mikleo said through his teeth.

Mikleo burst through the wall and began chanting.

"Surging currents..."

Twin flow again?

"Gale thorn..." You started.

"Howling deluge..." Mikleo's seraphic circle changed from aqua blue to a lighter shade.

What arte is that?

"Wind Lance!" You sent the projectile towards Mikleo, who was still charging his mana.

Why does it take so long?

"Freeze Lancer!" Mikleo conjured 5 spears of ice and obliterated your Wind Lance, leaving four more flying for you.

"Impossible!"

Sorey deflected the ice spears using his sword.

"That's enough." Sorey said sternly.