Chapter 8: One with Myself: Leo

Leo's POV
After a few seconds we were right in beside, Dad in his seat, wondering why we were called here. Rand and Mom were also there beside him.

"There you are kids, we were just ending the program and we need you for it it's time for your first official shift." Dad said.

"What do you mean sir?" Shira ask with a confused look.

"Well its a tradition to do your first shift in the night of the inauguration. In this you have to be one with your wolf side. You will drink a potion so that it will make it easier and you won't lose control like last time. Though the ones that Zack and Leo did was an emotional trigger, that cause your wolf side to take control. Though you will be taught on how to control it more at the academy, but now its just unlocking, connecting with it." Mom said, then she added. "We forgot to mention that didn't we?"

"Oh no," Dad and Rand said.

"Dad!" The 3 of us shouted at them panicking. Even brother dearest who barely showed emotion was shouting.

Zack sighed and said, "why didn't you tell us sooner?"

"Forgot, but anyway you'll be fine just trust in yourselves!" Mom said smiling.

"Well she forgot for the fact that it may be painful and you may be having a mental fight in your mind." Rand added and gotten a elbow to the ribs by Dad and a jab to the shoulder courtesy of Mom.

"Rand!" Dad hissed at him while Rand was clutching his side and rubbing his shoulder. I looked at Shira and she looked confused like we all are.

"Well at least you 3 are going to drink a potion so that you won't go berserk. And so that you can access your wolf side better." Dad also said getting something from a small black bag in his belt behind him that I​ only noticed now. He showed me a test tube with a cork screw with lavender bubbly liquid.

Shira was about to ask something when a trumpet called. When the people heard the trumpet, they began pushing the table and chairs to the side, after a minute they were done pushing while Dad, Mom, Rand, Zack, Shira and I just stood there watching. The adults watching impassively, while the kiddies like me standing confused.

Mom clapped her hand once and said, "well time for the ceremony."

"Wait what! We don't know what to do!" I said frantically.

"Just drink the potion and it will do most of the things you have to agree with your wolf side. Just trust your instincts and do what you have to do." Mom said while smiling a small smile.

Dad then gave us a vial each and we were instructed to sit down. He told us to uncork the vials, and just hold them and wait. Around us the people were surrounding us in a small circle. Huh, the clearing looks bigger without the table. Mom and Rand blended in to the crowd, but I could feel them watching us even if I have no proof. Probably instinct, I thought.

"Once again I welcome you my clansmen," Dad bellowed to everyone. "As per to clan tradition, the new pack members shall unite or keep in touch with there wolf side. They will have there first official shift today in this night, of the first of April. As usual we will have a howl all together and that shall conclude tonight's events. Let the unification begin!" Dad shouted as we took that as a signal too start drinking the potion.

We all drank together, the potion tasted like tea. I swallowed it and now I am thankful that we did not stand up. The potion made me nauseous and it feels terrible. I almost felt like puking up. How such a good tasting drunk suddenly makes you feel like puking? I did not know. I looked to the side, and realized that even Zack and Shira were swaying. That was the last thing I saw as I swayed to the ground as I got swallowed by darkness.