Chapter 10: One with Myself: Zack

Zack's POV

We all drank the potion together. It tasted like honey, fresh sweet honey. After a few seconds I suddenly felt nauseous. It tasted delicious, but makes you feel dizzy. Why? Can't I enjoy my drink/honey? Well that was being overly dramatic. Excuse me for being dramatic. And I'm supposed to be emo which I probably am. Then after a few more seconds the nausea made me passed out. Oh joy.

I suddenly woke up, and I was not in the clearing. I stoned my expression and surveyed my surroundings. I was in a dark stone tunnel, and everything was stone, not even the ground was stone. I looked forward and the tunnel just became even more darker. I looked behind me and there was no way out. Well there's nobody and no where to go but forward. So I did.

I put my hand on the right wall of the tunnel and began walking. As I went farther down the tunnel it became darker and darker till I can't see anything at all. It was quite scary actually, not knowing what's in front or behind you. The stone was rough to the touch. My hand actually started to hurt, and I felt scratches and some warm liquid in my hand. I felt like I was walking for hours, which may be true. Or maybe I was just walking for minutes. It seems like forever until I see a reddish light at the end of the tunnel.

I cautiously went to the end of the tunnel. The light started coming back and I stopped for a few seconds to adjust my eyes to the light from being in the darkness for too long. I went forward and into a big dome like space, I looked around and there was torches around the gigantic stone dome cavern. The torches emitted a reddish glow. Thus making the stone cavern a eerie, menacing or whatever look. I walked to the middle of the dome to survey my surroundings further.

"Hello? Anybody here?" I asked to air or what I thought that there was only air (aside from the stone and torches). When a low menacing growl resonated around the room.

"I am here boy," A deep, menacing voice said which sends shivers down my spine

I quickly turned around where the voice came from, and I was met with 4 legs of black fur. I slowly looked up frightened, and I saw a gigantic wolf staring down at me. It's teeth were bared growling and eyes glaring down at me.

I slowly backed away getting a full look off the gigantic wolf (who was standing at 10 feet tall). The wolf was growling dangerously and there was a dangerous, murderous glint and his eye. I wanted to run away, but 1 there was no where to go. 2 if I move the wolf will probably rip me to shreds. 3 this is probably part off the unification thing. And 4 I'm scared out off my pants.

The wolf's eyes were what really made me scared, it was full of wisdom, murderous glint and the colour was one of a kind. The wolf's eyes were full red with blue cracks going through it. Well that's incredibly scary.

"Well hello I'm Zack and I'm here for the unification thing." I said flatly trying to remove the emotion in my voice and pressing my lips in to a thin line, yet I cannot hide the fear in my eyes.

"Hello Zack," the wolf said in a deep menacing voice which made tingles go through my spine. "As you know or rather don't know I need to accept you before the unification process works." He said mockingly yet threateningly which made me slightly irritated, yet my irritation was drowned in fear. Joy.

"Then... What do I do for you to.. umm to accept me?" I asked trying to mask my emotion, but I failed. Miserably.

The wolf chuckled menacingly, "This is going to be fun." The wolf grinned maniacally."All your have to do is beat me in battle, boy. A battle of life and death." At that I felt a chill go up my spine. "But first your reason to live... The reason you fight... It's your family isn't it?"

I got my courage and spoke up. "Why are you asking for my reason to live? Everyone has one don't they?"

He chuckled darkly, "what if the reason you are living for... Is a lie?" He asked while I narrowed my eyes and clenched my fist in anger.