Comical beginnings?

Lightning struck, a powerful storm wreaking havoc on land. The ground shook vigorously making it very difficult for the demigods battling the monsters to keep their footing, the son of the sea was fighting against the earth, a battle, no, war that held the future of gods and mortals alike in its hands. A blur of events followed ,somehow ending with Gaia turning to dust and Percy lying on the ground, bleeding profusely from a wound inflicted by a cursed sword, a wound so cursed that neither water nor the nectar of the gods could heal it. The battle was won but the victory empty, overshadowed by the death of many, the hero of Olympus fallen.

Immortality was thrust upon the few demigods that played key roles in the war, a little fleet that the gods could call upon in their time of need.

Nico was walking around New York, trying his best to think about nice things like cotton candy and Mrs.OLeary, keeping his mind occupied by anything but his old friends. Kicking a stone lazily, he walked across a deserted road, looking forward to a greasy delight from McDonalds and enjoying the quite when a giant of a man walking in flags decided to make his presence known. Things got amusing when the baby faced giant introduced himself as Steve and assured Nico that he wouldn't get hurt if he followed them to some headquarters. Nico contemplated summoning a skeleton or two, just to break this holier than thou attitude that baby face had going on, but curiosity won this time round. Nico was aware that curiosity killed some cat but he was pretty sure cats couldn't shadow travel and they certainly didn't own a sword made of Stygian iron. The people accompanying the baby face flagwearer were no less weird, looking like they jumped straight out of a comic book and Nico just had to know more.

He shrugged at Steve, gesturing Steve to lead the way and following him in silence surrounded by Steve's companions. These people moved as one, giving Nico a feeling that this wasn't the first time they worked together. Had he stumbled on some traffickers, perhaps some organised crime? Nico knew he had to wait to find out.

hey evil monkeys!!!

Some comments please, ideas are always welcome and so is constructive criticism. I know, I know, it's a really short chapter. Just editing what was already written. New updates will start from Chapter 5, just gotta make chapters 1-4 bearable before that.