Shadow

Nico sat in a couch in Stark towers, munching on a slice of pizza that the red head handed him. These avengers were being surprisingly friendly, they didn't seem to undermine him just because he appeared younger and they didn't seem to fear him either, which was kinda pleasant given how uncomfortable most of the other campers were around him, him being the son of Hades and all. Well, Will did say that it wasn't the case but he did feel quite unwelcome. They were a tad bit curious about the existence of Greek gods, which should hardly come as a surprise. Nico wondered if Thor and the other Asgardians were similar to the Greek gods, demanding respect where not much was due and picking fights with each other for the most petty things. He couldn't really imagine that being the case, the humans around him were still alive after all and it was far too easy to offend gods.

Nico also found Dr. Bruce Banner interesting, while he looked almost ordinary Nico could sense another soul within him, one that was chaotic and angry, almost animalistic. It seemed quite ancient and powerful and he couldn't wait to see how this came about. It was rather unusual, a human body wasn't made to host things so powerful. He filed the thought into things that should be looked into later. 

They ended up talking about Nico needing a name and costume. The red head, Natasha suggested Midnight and Tony suggested Bones, whilst going as far as offering to make a suit for Nico. Nico was surprised, the billionaire honestly came across as a bit cocky but actually seemed quite nice. Nico sighed, he certainly had to stop judging books by their cover. Nico pondered the names whilst politely declining Tony's offer. He had already sent an Iris message to Leo after he joined the Avengers and was looking forward to the armour that Leo was making for him. While Midnight seemed like a very cool name Nico decided to call himself Shadow. Shadows were his thing so the name did make a lot of sense. Bones was definitely a no-go though, it was far too tacky. At least Nico didn't need another sword, Stygian iron was just as harmful to humans as it was to monsters. Perhaps Stygian iron was more harmful to monsters than imperial gold, given that it sucked the essence of things it touched which might make it come in the way of regeneration.  Nico smiled at the thought, twisting the skull ring that his late sister Bianca had gifted him. 

Nico was relaxing in his room after dinner, grateful for the privacy that came with a room all to himself, when Leo's face popped up, asking Nico to shadow travel to camp to try out his new suit. Nico blushed when he saw Will standing behind Leo, waving his arm and stating that he gave a few suggestions with the armour's looks. Nico let the avengers know he was spending the night elsewhere before shadow travelling to camp. Zeus didn't say he couldn't spend a night with his boyfriend and while he didn't say that he could, Nico wanted to spend a night there and hold hands and sit next to Will during dinner so that was what he was going to do. Will's doctors note sure did help. Nico smirked at the thought, blending into the shadows whilst thinking of Leo's little workspace in the Haphaestus cabin. 

Will smiled at Nico when Nico appeared in the Haphaestus cabin, making Nico's rather boring day splendid. Nico knew this was gonna be good when he saw Leo's excitement. He was slightly confused when Leo pulled out a bracelet that seemed like it was made of pearls so black it resembled Stygian iron with a single bead that looked like it had shadows swirling around. He put the bracelet on and looked at Leo, there has to more, right? Nico saw Leo smile at his confusion before Leo told him to press the bead that stood out. Nico pressed the bead with swirling shadows only to feel his fingers sink in before he was clad in black armour, covering him from head to toe, a cloak of shadows trailing behind. The top resembled chainmail, only darker than nightmares and quite captivating, while the bottom was light and looked like black skinny dress pants, the material managing to be both flexible and absorbent. 'Gotta admit it though, some of the Hecate kids helped with this one' Leo said, looking like a content cat. He knew he did great work and Nico couldn't disagree given that he loved it. Nico pressed the bead, which was now embedded in the sleeve of the right arm and the armour was once again a bracelet. Will laced his fingers with Nico's, taking his hand in his while the three head to dinner. Nico sat next to Will with the other Apollo campers, treasuring the moment.

Camp was slowly getting back to normal after the wars, moving towards a new normal. The kids in the Ares cabin seemed to be having some sort of debate between chainsaws and axes, which was a little disturbing but screamed Ares while the people in the Athena cabin were having big people conversations while looking down on the stupidity of others. Nico looked around him taking in everything about camp, knowing that he'd miss it despite not being too fond of it. 

Nico walked around camp with Will after dinner, their hands entwined as Nico filled him in on all the details regarding Avengers from their interrogation to being asked to join. They had a good laugh at Nico's newfound terrorism and they both spend a good lot of time staring at Nico's new armour. They talked late into the night before saying their goodbyes and heading to their respective cabins, Nico getting ready to head back to Stark Tower after a nights rest.

Hi there! 

What's up? Just heard that there might be a vaccine out in 73 days and it's such a relief. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one, really hope COVID won't follow us to the next year.

Please leave comments and constructive criticism, Yewrose loves to learn and improve!

Peace 🦑