Movie night

Barry Allen x Reader

The young girl took off her coat and hung it up by the door, she took her phone out of the pocket of the coat and walked down the hallway to the living room which she prefered over her room. It was warm and cozy, large windows stretched along the beige wall, behind the sheer, white curtains there was a clear view of Central City.
As the sun had set about an hour or two ago, the city had been lit up in lights. It was a regular Friday evening and (y/n) had just returned from work. She was exhausted and ready to binge watch (y/favorite/show).
The phone in her hand vibrated and when she looked at the screen it was an incoming call from her best friend Barry, and the guy she had been crushing on for the past few months. Her heart skipped a beat as she answered the call.
"I saw you an hour ago." She laughed.
"Yeah, for the first time in almost a week." He replied.
"Your point?"
"Are you up for a movie night?"
"Why are you even asking me this? Of course I am."
"Great, I am already by the door." (y/n) rolled her eyes and hung up. She threw her phone on the black sofa and walked to the front door and opened it. Barry was standing there, his hands in his hoodie pockets.
"Come in." (y/n) told Barry and he walked past her.
"I know that you just got home, so I got some ice cream, popcorn and a lot of candy." Barry took off his backpack and grinned at (y/n).
" I just want to relax and eat as much junk food as I can."
"Wow, where did the (y/n), who would stay away from unhealthy food, go?"
"She needs a break." (y/n) tilted her head. "I'll go get changed into my pj's." Barry nodded and turned around and walked into the kitchen. She laughed softly and shook her head.
Her bedroom was just next to the living room, it was a simple room. A light colour, with a wooden table by the big window, a bed with white sheets opposite it, and a wardrobe next to the table.
She walked over to the closet and pulled out an oversized t-shirt (most likely Barry's), and dark gray sweatpants. After she got changed, which took a solid minute, she walked to the living room, only to see 'JAWS' on the TV screen and her eyes widened. Barry just smiled sheepishly at her.
"Are you serious, Allen? Do you want me to not sleep?"
"Oh c'mon, (y/n), I can protect you from the sharks."
"And who is going to protect you?" He pouted and crossed his arms over his chest.
"Don't forget that I am The Flash."
"And don't forget that without your legs you cannot run."
"Just come sit down." He patted the empty spot next to him whilst rolling his green eyes. (y/n) sat down next to Barry and gave him a death glare. "I know you love me."
-
The second the shark made a sudden appearance on the TV screen, (y/n) let out a small scream which startled Barry. He instantly turned off the TV and wrapped his arms around his best friend.
"It wasn't even that scary." Barry sighed.
"I know." (y/n) said in a shaky breath. "But it was way too sudden. Sleep at my place tonight. Please."
"Yeah, of course. It's getting late. We should head to bed." (y/n) nodded and pulled away from Barry. "I won't let anything happen to you, don't worry."
"I'm not a kid, Barry."
"I know that, but still." He smiled at her causing butterflies to erupt in her stomach.
"Thanks, I guess."